At Teachable we empower creators to transform their knowledge into income. To accomplish this, our products enable individuals and small businesses to create, host and sell online courses and coaching. Teachable Creators has tens of thousands of active creators who’ve reached more than 45 million students around the world, teaching a diverse array of topics, ranging from crafting to card tricks to coding. Fifty million people worldwide consider themselves to be creators. More than two million people earn enough from their passion projects to consider it their full-time income. The rise of the creator economy means more people than ever want to share what they know and monetize it. Teachable is poised to offer best-in-class solutions to this ever-growing market.
In 2020, Teachable was acquired by Hotmart Company, a global leader in the Creator Economy with a shared mission of empowering creators to live out their passions. With offices in eight countries and more than 35 million users worldwide, Hotmart’s partnership ensures our creators—current and future—have access to best-in-class technology tools, so they can scale their online businesses with ease and truly make an impact on their students’ lives.
Reporting to the Director of Growth Product, this role is responsible for understanding and driving subscription revenue growth. You’ll apply your growth mindset to our product and marketing properties, and collaborate closely with engineering, data, design, customer care, and marketing. The ideal candidate is someone who is quantitative and experiment-driven and has a high level of intuition and judgment around user experience and technical architecture to drive successful initiatives.
As the Product Manager on our Growth - Revenue pod, you will collaborate with 2-4 engineers, a Director of Engineering, a Senior UX Researcher, and a Product Designer, ensuring the successful execution of their initiatives and operations.
What You'll Do
- Maintain the Growth development roadmap and product backlog based on stakeholder input and alignment with company growth strategy
- Organize day-to-day communication, planning, specifications, and documentation around the delivery of new growth initiatives
- Work with the Director of Growth Product to develop a revenue growth model and continue to refine it through fast-paced experimentation and research
- Deliver best in class experiences to optimize pricing and packaging and convert users into loyal paying subscribers, driving both user and business wins
- Work closely with our Growth - Revenue pod engineers, designers, executives, and the Growth Marketing team to ship well-executed features
- Collaborate with our Senior UX Researcher to generate customer intel and competitive analysis to inform prioritization
Who You Are:
- You have at least 3 years of product management experience at a SaaS software company
- You have exposure to gathering requirements and roadmap planning based on stakeholder input
- You have experience with writing requirements and Agile Stories
- You have utilized A/B testing and experiment-driven product development
- A history with running competitive analyses
- Running customer programs such as betas, workshops etc.
- You are passionate about talking to customers regularly
- You have a track record of experimenting across the user lifecycle journey to convert free-to-paid subscribers
- You have a genuine interest in our domain; you are passionate about the Creator economy, education, knowledge sharing and/or enabling individuals to become successful through entrepreneurship
- You have a demonstrated ability to not only establish, but also successfully execute on a product roadmap, taking concepts from discovery to development to release, working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to deliver outcomes
- You bias towards action, prioritizing testing, learning and continuous innovation
- You’re data-driven, with a deep understanding of business metrics and quantitative goal-setting and its impact on prioritization.
- You’re someone who values ruthless prioritization and cross-team alignment.
- You can balance technical feasibility concerns along with user experience and business goals, weighing quick wins with long-term investments appropriately.
- You’re someone who is empathetic with customer needs and ensures the output of our technology team addresses them.
- You are a strong written and verbal communicator, and can explain and synthesize complexity with ease
- You’re a problem-solver who can help address roadblocks and take on complex problems as needed.
- Personal connection to the Creator economy or entrepreneurship
- Prior startup experience
- Ability to speak Portuguese is a strong plus!
Teachable is an instructor-focused platform that empowers creators to build and sell online courses and coaching on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than a billion dollars to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now part of Hotmart Company, a global tech group focused on the Creator Economy, with over 1,800 employees in 8 countries (Netherlands, USA, Brazil, Spain, Mexico, Colombia, France and UK). Hotmart´s mission is to help creators make a living from their passions, using digital products to entertain, help and instruct their audiences.
Teachable is continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable operates under a hybrid work model, meaning we give our employees the flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices at their leisure (unless otherwise mentioned in a job description).
Comprehensive Health, Dental, & Vision benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premium
Generous Vacation, Personal, and Sick Time
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
4%401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
50% gym & wellness match
$250 Donation Match Program
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.