Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the job
As a member of the Product team, you will be a key player in the development of Back Market activities at an international level. You will work closely with our engineering, customer care, ops and marketing teams, a group of passionate professionals committed to the promotion of refurbished and Back Market products.
You have a passion for delightful design and aim to deliver great user experiences? You want to have a strong impact on key business metrics?
You want to have a meaningful impact through your job?
Here is your opportunity.
As part of the Perfect Journey Tribe (B2C), you will be the Product Manager leading the “Growth” squad, whose mission is to make Back Market easy to find and empower our teams of experts to grow both organic & paid traffic.
You’ll be responsible for :
- Defining your team's product roadmap along with your main stakeholders (SEO and Traffic managers): create, maintain and deliver a list of prioritized features and business enablers in order to continuously improve our user experience.
- Bringing traffic to the website & the mobile applications (iOS/Android) with all available SEO tools, online advertising... in the most qualitative & cost-efficient manner possible. You will build the right tools in order to enable our marketing teams to have the best impact possible. You don’t need to be an SEO expert yourself.
- Defining the experience of our customers on our main website & mobile applications entry points: HomePage, marketing campaign landing pages, buying guides.
- Within your squad, you will be the contact for other teams to understand the short, medium and long-term priorities, and translate the Back Market vision and OKRs into a product vision adapted to your scope.
- You will be the main counterpart for multiple stakeholders, you’ll co-construct with them and align them around the team roadmap.
- You will liaise with all product counterparts (designer, researchers, web analysts, etc.) and different squads to ensure that your product fits perfectly into the Back Market experience. You’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality features both to our mobile and desktop interfaces. By leading the full product cycle: Problem identification, user research, ideation, design, development, and launch.
- Your rigor will allow you to guide your squad in the most efficient way possible: writing detailed specifications and framing, being as efficient as possible on defining our user stories, evaluating different evolution requests, continuously benchmarking to participate in the evolution of our user experience are for you a no-brainer.
- You will be the daily partner of the Engineering Manager in order to ease the planning of your perimeter’s releases. Thanks to your ownership, you know how to adjust priorities if necessary, communicate, work closely with engineers to ensure our quality standards and respect our commitments.
You're perfect for this role if :
- A good experience (3+ years) as a PM in an Agile environment on issues related to improving e-commerce customer experience. Bonus points if you already have experience in marketplace mechanics.
- A previous experience or knowledge in SEO.
- You have a perfect mastery of Agile concepts. You have the ability to bring new methods of framing, prioritization and facilitation of your team's work.
- Your technical knowledge allows you to interact with our engineers on a daily basis.
- You have a passion for the Product. By having the user at the center of all your thoughts, you aim for innovation to maximize your product impact.
- You are able to motivate your choices strategically (via insights, KPIs etc.). You must be able to challenge your intuitions through the use of data. You are business and strategy-oriented.
- You have effective and precise communication skills. The animation of relationships with all Feature Team stakeholders will be at the heart of your mission.
- You are rigorous, humble, curious and proactive. Team spirit is essential for you.
- English is a no-brainer, we are an international team.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.