Graphite builds high-quality tools for modern software engineering teams, so they can ship faster and create amazing products.
Graphite is modern code review for fast-moving teams - we help engineers write and review smaller pull requests, stay unblocked, and ship faster.
We started Graphite because we missed internal code review tools like Phabricator (at Facebook) and Critique (Google) that help engineers create, approve, and ship small, and incremental changes. Long-term, we’re passionate about creating products & workflows that help fast-moving engineering teams achieve more.
We’re a small-but-mighty team of 15 based in Manhattan in the heart of Soho, with a passionate and rapidly growing group of users (7x growth in 2022 so far) at top engineering orgs like Datadog, Bolt, Brex, Ramp, and Snowflake.
Our culture centers on putting people first, applying science and craft, practicing disciplined ambition, and giving ownership - both literally (with equity) and in the responsibility and scope you’ll have as a part of our early team. Outside of work you’ll find us brewing espresso drinks, producing music, or practicing yoga. We can’t wait to see what you’ll add to the mix!
About the role
Graphite’s product is growing rapidly, and we're looking for our first product manager to help us define how Graphite works, looks, and feels for our users.You’ll work directly with our CEO to become a voice for the thousands of engineers who depend on Graphite, a force multiplier for our talented eng & design teams, and a visionary for the future of eng collaboration.More concretely, you’ll help us better understand our users, identify, spec out, and prioritize new features & products, and measure the impact of our team’s work.
What you’ll do
- Develop, execute, measure, and iterate on our product strategy and roadmap
- Build deep understanding of our users through quantitative and qualitative methods
- Forge strong collaborative partnerships between engineering, design, growth, and other cross-functional teams
- Help define a vision for the future of eng collaboration and the incremental path to get us there
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience prototyping, shipping, and scaling high-quality web products
- Track record of building strong relationships & collaborating cross-functionally without having direct authority
- Deep intuition for product & design
- High comfort using both quantitative (i.e. product metrics, data analysis) & qualitative (i.e. user interviews) data to inform prioritization
- Excellent written, verbal, & visual communication skills
- Sufficient technical ability to be able to relate to and build relationships with developers
- Self-sufficiency & ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated willingness to go above and beyond to achieve your desired outcomes
Nice to haves
- Prior experience as a software engineer, or a background in computer science
- Interest in or experience working on developer tools
Life at Graphite
- Competitive comp: ($150-190k base + substantial equity). We're backed by some of the best investors and excited to offer competitive compensation packages.
- Role trajectory. We're excited to build a team whose roles, responsibilities, and comp grow as we do.
- Benefits. Top-tier health, dental, and vision coverage and 16 weeks paid parental leave for new parents.
- Time to decompress. We ask that our team take 4 weeks of vacation a year to unplug and unwind.
- Relocation expenses. We're an in-person, NYC-based team, and we're happy to help with your relocation expenses!
- The team that eats together. Company-paid lunch, dinner, and coffee during workdays.
- Commuter perks. Ride around NYC with an Unlimited MetroCard, on us.
As a team, we're very aware of the systemic structural issues that have created inequalities for many communities, especially in the tech industry. We recognize that women and underrepresented minorities are statistically less likely to apply for a role that they feel unqualified for. If you are interested in this role but you’re concerned about not meeting all requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway - we'd love to get to know you and see if there's a place for you here at Graphite!