Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small businesses more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small businesses, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
As a Product Manager you will be responsible for driving customer and business value through ownership of new and existing products. You will manage products end-to-end, from early-stage research and ideation, through to implementation and improvement over time. Your impact will be measured by key commercial and customer success metrics. You will be comfortable working autonomously where appropriate, with the support of your product leadership team.
This role can be Based in one of our office in Auckland/Wellington or full remote in NZ. This is a 10 month fixed term contract.
This means you will:
- Deeply understand customer problems and will be the champion of the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ and deliver value through defining, driving and executing a product roadmap aligned with the company vision.
- Conduct research initiatives with stakeholders and end-users, then synthesize insights into actionable next steps and decisions
- Understanding and being able to navigate the high complexity of the domain and provide a clear direction for the team
- Bridge business goals, user needs and feasibility as you help design and ship product
- Confidently run a room as small as three members to large workshops, while drawing out all the voices by facilitating the right activities to get to the right information
- Oversee and guide the delivery side of the product, including facilitating agile rituals where necessary and offering guidance and support to the new BA and experienced team
- Act as an ambassador for your team and the product while working closely with key stakeholders ranging from strategy, product marketing, data and research teams
- Working closely with your peers across Xero to deliver quality software with amazing user experiences that tackle real customer problems
- Work with design, research, strategy, data, and product marketing teams to drive feature penetration and undertake competitor research to uncover customer needs and new product value propositions, delivering quality software with amazing user experiences that solve real customer problems.Most importantly, you’ll cultivate a fun, rewarding, innovative and outcome-focussed culture that lives and breathes Xero values.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience as a product manager or product owner.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders as primary customers a bonus
- Ability to develop and execute on effective processes for internal stakeholder management, feedback and communication from internal customers, and cross functional project management
- Ideally experience in a Saas environment but other comparable technical exposure will also be considered.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. You can work in an iterative and incremental way, balancing many different inputs and constantly making tradeoffs.
- Working with designers and developers to rapidly ideate, refine and build and ship SaaS products.
- Demonstrated experience in defining product roadmaps and strategic planning
- The ability to communicate, build strong relationships, manage stakeholders, facilitate and collaborate to smooth the path of your product and your delivery team across the business through to market launch.
- Things are constantly changing around here so you'll also have the ability to break down complex problems, deliver real-world business outcomes and handle those changing priorities.
- Love of building beautiful, quality software, coupled with a knowledge of design thinking.
Xero is an inclusive environment, with people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life. Where creativity, innovation and continuous learning are encouraged and celebrated. Whether you're after a workplace with a social vibe, or a workplace which understands your family, sport or a side gig is the priority or something in between - Xero can be all of that and more.
At Xero, we trust you to build your career to the best of your ability and we will support your desire for learning with training and career mentorship to help you flourish. As part of our awesome package, you’ll receive Xero shares and a Life Insurance package as well as a variety of other perks to make your time here that much more fun. Our facilities and PX teams work hard to give us great workspaces with all the tech company perks.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience. If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.