The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
Spotify is seeking a Product Manager to manage user fraud mitigation for our Premium products. In this role, you will serve as the Product Manager for a team of data and front-end engineers responsible for mitigating fraudulent activity at Spotify scale. This team is responsible for acting on Premium fraud (identification, user reverification etc.) to filter out fraudulent usage, while avoiding impacting valid users.
You will work closely with other fraud prevention, detection, and operations partner teams, as well as cross-functionally with a wide range of departments on collaborative projects to protect Spotify and our users from abuse.
What you'll do
- Set the strategy for fraud monitoring and mitigation for our Premium products.
- Serve as the Product Manager for a team of engineers implementing & improving our fraud prevention mechanisms
- Partner with other Premium teams to identify data and user journey improvements across the user lifecycle
- Produce a long term roadmap for our user fraud service and its integration into our core customer experiences.
- Work with other teams within Spotify to understand fraud monitoring requirements, implement required data signals and make changes to user journeys.
Who you are
- You have previous experience and a deep understanding of user and/or financial fraud systems.
- You are highly collaborative and able to produce simple solutions to meet a set of different needs.
- You are a clear communicator and can balance the needs of partners from different disciplines and teams.
- You have experience in crafting product requirements based on user research and data.
- You are experienced with working with agile development teams.
- You care about learning and trying out new product management techniques.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.