Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role:
As a Product Manager in Foundations & Enablement your primary customer will be our product teams. You will lead a team that is focused on enabling our engineers to deliver value to Xero customers quickly, while ensuring we have a secure and stable platform that our product teams and Xero customers can rely on and trust.
Foundations & Enablement plays an integral role in Connected Workplaces being able to deliver on our vision, to empower people in small business to build thriving workplaces.
You will be responsible for...
~ Driving the direction of the team for a complex set of foundational products andservices that enables Xero to positively impact small business owners, their advisors and their employees
~ Championing the product and engineering teams as your customer, working towards providing a world class developer experience
~ Bringing a product mindset to platform and technology problems, and help embed this way of thinking in our engineering teams
~ Driving success through methodical validation of a product roadmap that has our product and engineering teams at the forefront
~ Working closely with peers in role modelling platform first thinking
What you'll do:
- Understanding customer (internal and external) problems; you will be the champion of the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ and deliver value through defining, driving and executing a product roadmap aligned with our portfolio and company vision
- Conduct research initiatives with stakeholders, internal and external end-users, then synthesise insights into actionable next steps and decisions
- Bridge business goals, user needs and feasibility as you help design and ship product
- Effectively communicate hard technical challenges, and comfortable collaborating on complex technical product decisions with engineers and architects
- Support with yearly, quarterly, and sprint prioritisation processes
- Confidently run a room as small as three members to large workshops, while drawing out all the voices by facilitating the right activities to get to the right information
- Get into details to ensure successful execution while understanding the strategic level impact of the work
- Confident in challenging the status quo and not afraid to lead change initiatives for the better
- Leadership on our product development teams. You’ll take an active involvement in planning and growth
- Act as an ambassador for your team and the product while working closely with key stakeholders ranging from strategy, product marketing, data, architecture and research teams
- Aligning and collaborating across teams/portfolios to deliver customer outcomes
- Cultivating a fun, creative and motivated culture that lives and breathes our Xero values
Preferred experience you'll bring:
- Experience with a global product and distributed teams
- Worked in a lean startup environment
- Experience translating big strategic priorities into roadmap items
- Confidence with clearly communicating complex subjects to build shared understanding
- Experience working with developer platforms and legacy systems
- Experience establishing healthy ways of working on newly formed cross-discipline teams
Minimum qualifications you'll bring:
- 6+ years experience in a software Product Management role
- Proven product practice leadership skills
- Experience with problem discovery, and solution framing activities
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Customer centric attitude
- Inclusive attitude and experience working closely with design and engineering teams
- Proven experience shipping digital products
- Experience with cloud and/or SaaS products
Success looks like:
- Your team is engaged, energised, empowered and outcome driven
- There is a clear, constantly evolving strategy and direction for your team inline with Foundations and Enablement vision that is understood and supported by your team and stakeholders
- You and your team can speak to and share Foundations and Enablement Vision & strategy with confidence
- The product roadmap is deeply rooted in customer value, balanced by commercial outcomes
- The success of your team’s problem space is being actively managed and driven
- Delivery plans are executed effectively and are fed by a robust, inclusive and collaborative process for prioritisation and delivery sequencing
Xero is a Rainbow Tick certified employer.
Xero strongly encourages employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.