Nextdoor is where you connect to the neighborhoods that matter to you so you can belong. Our purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in more than 305,000 neighborhoods across 11 countries.
Meet Your Future Neighbors
As the Feed Experience Product Manager at Nextdoor, you’ll lead the Feed UX team to create a coherent, performant, and delightful feed for neighbors. The feed is the core of the Nextdoor experience and the first thing our users see when using our product. It’s where neighbors go to discuss neighborhood info, share recommendations, and mobilize locally in order to build an active valued community.
At Nextdoor, we offer a warm and inclusive work environment that embraces a hybrid employment experience, providing a flexible experience for our valued employees.
The Impact You’ll Make
If you want to build a coherent, performant, and delightful product while collaborating with cross-functional partners across the company -- including engineers, designers, data scientists, and fellow product managers -- this is the opportunity for you.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall presentation of and interactions with content in Feed
- Develop a comprehensive roadmap that delivers value to neighbors through our core Feed experience and delivers business results
- Lead the team with urgency while holding a high bar for quality. You will drive product requirements definition, product planning, product design, and product execution of new features and enhancements
- Understand neighbor needs for Feed and incorporate those into an overarching system that is simple, scalable, and grounded in principles
- Create a delightful Feed consumption experience that prioritizes active participation from neighbors
- Run experiments to optimize metrics that matter to the Feed team and to the business overall, while keeping the neighbor experience at the forefront and optimizing for the long-term
- Demonstrate strong technical aptitude in order to effectively partner with client engineers to improve feed performance (e.g. by lowering client side latency or improving scroll performance)
- Use data, user research, logic, and systems thinking to inform decision making, whether for prioritizing a roadmap, evaluating an experiment, or creating a tracking spec.
- Collaborate with fellow PMs to introduce new content types into the feed, while ensuring adherence to the overarching feed system. In particular, collaborate closely with the Feed Infrastructure and Feed Ranking teams to create a cohesive full-stack experience
- Clearly communicate feed concepts to a variety of stakeholders outside of the product development team, including Finance & Strategy, Customer Support, and Company Leadership
- Obsess over the operational performance of your product area by proactively managing key metrics and partnering with engineering, design, and other stakeholders to deliver outcomes on time
- Participate in in-person Nextdoor events, trainings, off-sites, volunteer days, and other team building exercises
- Build in-person relationships with team members and contribute to the KIND culture that Nextdoor values
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Product Management experience shipping great consumer products with user-generated content in an agile environment, preferably including work on social networks
- Ability to engage directly with a broad spectrum of cross-functional partners, both technical and non-technical, and provide added value in conversations with each of partners
- Strong attention to detail, paying attention to pixel-level details and edge cases, innate curiosity at understanding unexpected data, and holding a high bar for quality from yourself and others
- Comfort working across the product development spectrum: strategy, ideation, product specifications, technical implementation details, development, and QA
- Ability to experiment and learn quickly, and iterate on the user experience to provide value for our users and for the business
- Proficient with writing SQL queries and analyzing results in your tool of choice (e.g Pandas)
Compensation, benefits, perks, and recognition programs at Nextdoor come together to create one overall rewards package.
The starting salary for this role is expected to range from $144,000 - $213,000 on an annualized basis, or potentially greater in the event that your 'level' of proficiency exceeds the level expected for the role. Compensation may also vary by geography.
We also expect to award a meaningful equity grant for this role. With equal quarterly vesting, your first vest date would be within the first 3 months of your start date.
Overall, total compensation will vary depending on your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications. We have you covered! Nextdoor employees can choose between a variety of great health plans. We cover 100% of your personal monthly premium for health, dental, and vision – and provide a OneMedical membership for concierge care.
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the neighbors we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For information about our collection and use of applicants’ personal information, please see Nextdoor's Personnel Privacy Notice, found here.