We are looking for a creative, passionate, and experienced Product Manager to join the Spotify for Artists team – Spotify’s division dedicated to helping artists thrive by providing the most valuable tools they need to learn about their fans, grow their fan base and monetize their fans.
Spotify for Artists is used by more than one million artists each month to get insights, reach new listeners, and increasingly to monetize their fans. This role will be focused on the latter piece - discovering and launching new ways for artists to connect with their fans and monetize them. We believe Spotify has unique strengths that can be leveraged to help artists monetize their fans by offering exciting goods and experiences. This role will be about taking advantage of those opportunities to help artists make more money and grow the overall fan spend on music.
In this role, you will work with a cross-functional team from Design, Engineering, and Product Insights to define the roadmap for fan commerce tools on Spotify. You will also collaborate with Licensing, Marketing, Artist Relations, Finance, and Legal. From prototyping to development to commercialization, you’ll manage the full lifecycle for product development of powerful new fan monetization tools.
What you'll do:
- Set the vision and manage the roadmap for fan commerce tools
- Prioritize new features based on customer needs, business potential, and technical scalability.
- Set and follow metrics that advise us of the success of the products and their impact on the Spotify ecosystem and users.
- Partner with PMs, design, insights, and engineering teams on the design, implementation, delivery and adoption of fan commerce tools ensuring that the full end to end experience is top notch.
- Ensure your team has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support
Who you are:
- You have proven experience working as a product manager or similar discipline in cross-functional teams that have shipped machine learning or forecasting products at scale
- You ideally have worked on a B2C product and in the consumer technology space
- You have experience collaborating with a wide range of non-product partners in a matrixed organization, and understand how to influence and inspire teams
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types
- You’re passionate about the opportunity to better serve artists & their teams
- You have a team-first approach and have developed techniques to ensure your teams are happy, motivated and productive
- You are comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.