Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
At Xero, we’re here to make running a business beautiful. By making small businesses more efficient every day, connecting them with big business technology and empowering a community behind them, their potential is limitless. When that happens, we’re not only helping small businesses, we’ll be building a stronger economy that can change the world.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Product Manager focusing on Inventory/eCommerce you will be responsible for driving customer and business value through ownership of new and existing products. You will manage products end-to-end, from early-stage research and ideation, through to implementation and improvement over time. Your impact will be measured by key commercial and customer success metrics. You will be comfortable working autonomously where appropriate, with the support of your product leadership team.
What you'll do:
- Actively network across Xero to understand how products fit into Xero's strategy, objectives and future
- Work directly with the customer to conduct research, collect insights or validate understanding, getting support from the broader product function as required.
- Use customer data and insights particularly in assessing value and viability risks, to inform product roadmap and planning
- Define the scope of the customer problem and frame possible solutions to test, validate and refine with the support from relevant team members
- Build strong relationships with the broader product function’s teams, collaborating effectively with your internal stakeholders
- Participate in developing a strategy for the product line, including securing funding, resourcing
- Taking an active role in the annual and quarterly OKR process, with support from product leadership
- Take responsibility for managing risks (in line with Xero Risk Management Standard) arising from non-functional concerns including security, privacy, regulatory change and compliance, accuracy, responsible data use and availability: consulting with stakeholders and leading trade-off decisions
- Develop product roadmaps to execute on the product strategy, and can manage a product to its roadmap
- Take responsibility for establishing team delivery cadence and rituals, and facilitating these as required
- Develop an effective release strategy, with the support from relevant team members
- Work collaboratively with the product function to ensure an effective launch
- Monitor the overall commercial & customer results of the product line, working with other product team members to support as required
- Monitor and analyse the ongoing performance of a product
- Determine where improvements to the existing product can be made or scheduled
- Provide support between stages of product development to ensure continuity and cohesiveness, and alignment of product to strategy and roadmap
- Manage a product across the end-to-end lifecycle (e.g. launch through to sunset) to ensure maintenance and support throughout the life of the product
- Work as a tie-breaking decision-maker, ensuring where the product team cannot get to consensus, the product manager will weigh up all inputs and make the decision
- Support recruitment of new Xero's as required, ensuring team members are high quality, fit Xero's culture, and are on-boarded effectively
Success looks like:
- Your work is contributing to team OKRs
- You are responsible for the establishment of OKRs for your product
- You understand our customers and their problems
- Your roadmap is being executed according to plan and you are focused on the most important initiatives
- All individuals working on and around your product understand what’s being built, why it’s being built and when it needs to be delivered
- You have strong relationships with your stakeholders who are engaged and have a thorough understanding of your vision, strategy and roadmap
- You have clearly defined product success for your team, with key customer and commercial metrics articulated and constantly measured
- You demonstrate and amplify Xero’s Values
What you'll bring with you:
- Experience with agile processes in a software development environment
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with diverse stakeholder groups to realise customer / commercial outcomes
- Experience defining product roadmaps and long term planning
- Ability to influence outcomes in a variety of contexts
- Experience with accounting software desired but not a must
- Understanding of the SaaS / Fintech / Accounting industry and / or adjacent sectors relevant to Xero
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a cross-functional team to deliver customer / business outcomes
Xero is an equal opportunity employer. Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset.
Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.