Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
Docs is the primary surface merchants use to learn about and integrate with our suite of financial products and APIs and a core driver of our growth and developer brand. Stripe Docs are meant for developers and non-developers alike, and weave across narrative documentation, interactive experiences, and integrated tooling with the aim of explaining our product capabilities and reducing friction to integrating with Stripe.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about developer experience, high-polish user interfaces, and finding creative ways to teach users complex topics and workflows. In this cross-functional role, you will partner with teams across Stripe to build the best documentation site on the web and help the next generation of online businesses get up and running with Stripe.
Stripe is known for having great docs. This is an opportunity to drive the roadmap for Stripe Docs and set the bar for the broader industry.
- Own the long term roadmap for user-facing documentation at Stripe, as well as a new system for internal documentation based on our open source project, Markdoc
- Understand the competitive landscape and maintain Stripe’s leadership position in the area of developer experience and documentation
- Work with Engineers and Designers to build and launch creative new documentation experiences and tools
- Be a staunch advocate for our users, get to know their needs, and deliver to them the best documentation experience possible
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization such as Design, Data Science, Engineering, Infrastructure, Marketing, and Operations
Who you are
We're looking for someone who:
- Brings 6+ years of product management or product-focused founder experience shipping high-quality products
- Has shipped user-facing or API products, built on complex technical systems running at scale
- Has persistence and a whatever-it-takes approach to ensure that your product is successful
- Brings strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Enjoys being a generalist working on whatever it takes to solve problems and delight users
- Has thrived in a highly collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Takes pride in working on projects to successful completion
It would be great if:
- You’ve personally built API integrations and understand the hard parts
- You are empathetic to customer needs but enough of a visionary to not just deliver a faster horse
- You are comfortable planning in quarters, and can set a vision for several years
- You are comfortable working with geographically distributed teams