Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the job
Can you build bridges between the business and the data world? Do you like to inspire the business with your data know-how? Can you translate business needs into data use cases and lead them to success? Do you want to have a meaningful impact through your job? Here is your opportunity.
As a Data Product Manager, you will work on a daily basis with our Data Engineering team, Business Intelligence team and Squads in order to drive and optimize our data products (from enhancing Back Market data models, building insights for our merchant using, embedded analytics tools to building the right tools for BI teams etc.).
You’ll be responsible for :
- Within the Product Data team, you will be the entry point for other teams to understand the short, medium and long term priorities, and translate the Back Market vision and OKRs into a data product vision. You’ll help everybody to consider data as a real product.
- You will liaise with all counterparts (data analysts, data scientists, web analysts, data engineers etc.) and different squads to ensure that your product fits perfectly Back Market data needs.
- You will be in charge of creating (in collaboration with business stakeholders), maintaining and delivering (in collaboration with the engineering manager) prioritized features and business enablers in order to continuously improve both internal and external data experiences.
- You use common sense. You have a strategic but simple vision of your product. You don't try to reinvent the wheel. For you, the product must amplify the value of business expectations.
- You have an analytical mind, and even better, an analytics or engineering background. Monitoring our key performance indicators / being able to define targeted increments are part of your daily life. Data is your secret weapon to better frame and measure the quality of our features and increments.
- You will be the daily partner of our Head of Data and our Engineering Manager. Thanks to your ownership, you know how to adjust priorities if necessary, communicate, work closely with engineers to ensure our quality standards and respect our commitments.
- You are able to communicate on the risks and impact of proposed changes, and anticipate potential problems.
- You will show initiatives to create and animate our different agile rituals. You know how to question your own operational mode as well as that of the team.
- You are ready to follow and accompany the change, from a team organization point of view, work methods, pace of delivery etc.
You're perfect for this role if :
- A strong experience (3 years and more) as a PM in an Agile environment on data-related issues. Bonus points if you already have experience in the marketplace or data analytics or machine learning sectors.
- You have a technical, analytical or scientific educational background (e.g. business information technology, data science) or comparable professional experience.
- You have (data) product management experience in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and you are able to shape data product discovery and delivery according to lean/agile principles.
- You can couple your strong business sense with a broad understanding of methodologies related to Analytics, BI, Data Science and ML to understand data solutions to business problems and bring explainability to your data perimeter.
- You have no problem with navigating ambiguous situations and have a profound problem-solver attitude using data and the user at the center of all your thoughts.
- Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills help you in building strong relationships and handling business stakeholders and top management expectations.
- You are rigorous, humble, curious and proactive. Team spirit is essential for you.
- English is a no brainer, we are an international team.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.