Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Have you ever had a debate at a party about who originally wrote a song versus who covered it? Tried to find a sample you loved more than the song you heard it in? Wondered who was actually in the recording booth for your favorite song (on both sides of the glass)? Wonder what Britney Spears, Nsync, Pink, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, and The Weeknd all have in common? (The same songwriter wrote Billboard number-one singles for all of them). Who gets paid every time we sing “Happy Birthday”?
Music attribution at scale is one of the big unsolved technical problems of the music industry, and we’re building ground breaking technology to solve it. Our goal is to solve this problem for the more than 60 million music tracks playable on Spotify, expanding a music knowledge graph through innovative machine learning models, deep subject matter expertise, and close integration with human-in-the-loop processes across Spotify and the industry. Content Platform’s catalog data powers Spotify experiences from Artist pages in the app, search and recommendations, human playlist curation, Spotify for Artists, and our music industry-facing strategy.
We are seeking a product manager for a high-paced team that is composed of machine learning engineers, data and backend engineers, and subject matter authorities who can drive product exploration and development initiatives to bring Spotify’s Music Knowledge Graph to life.
What You'll Do
- Drive the conceptualization and development of data products needed to build the music knowledge layer at Spotify.
- Collaborate with a team of skilled engineers, data scientists, and domain experts to set the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for your area.
- Lead product discovery to find opportunities across Spotify for your team to solve.
- Communicate complex concepts and experiments in a clear and effective manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Continually improve your products via an ongoing build-measure-learn cycle.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams on product development and new initiatives.
Who You Are
- Experience building a technical platform or data products or other products where the result is consumed by other teams to create experiences.
- Strong grasp of the complete machine learning product lifecycle from goal setting to data collection/labeling to model development and deployment, along with measurement & iteration.
- Lead data-driven product discovery to identify high-value opportunities for ML/data products and then prioritize what to build Now-Next-Later.
- Passionate about how products work “under the hood” and are comfortable discussing technical challenges with engineers.
- Self-starter who can collaborate with cross-functional partners in a dynamic environment and deliver results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience within the music recording or publishing industry is a plus, but not required.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours: https://lifeatspotify.com/locations
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
The United States base range for this position is $90,563 - $129,375, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.