It’s an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We deliver billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to more than 220 million members in over 190 countries. At Netflix, we want to entertain the world. To achieve this, we must be able to easily and rapidly derive actionable insights and make data-informed decisions from our vast amounts of data.
Within the Platform Engineering organization, our Data Platform exists to maximize the value of data throughout Netflix by improving the productivity and innovation of Netflix engineers, data scientists, machine learning practitioners, and business users. Our mission is to provide holistic experiences for persisting, publishing, discovering, transforming, analyzing, and deriving insights from data that simplify, accelerate, empower, and delight. Our Data Platform enables Netflix to scale effectively and evolve rapidly by providing a highly performant, secure, compliant, and flexible data infrastructure that supports the expanding needs of the business. Ultimately, we aim to democratize data by making data more accessible and useful to both technical and non-technical employees.
We are looking for a senior technical product manager to help drive the next evolution of our Data Platform. Your mission is to simplify and accelerate data experience at Netflix and offer best-in-class experiences to Netflix software engineers, data engineers, analytics engineers, data scientists, machine learning practitioners, and business users.
We’re hiring for several PM roles in our Data Platform. Depending on your background and interests, your focus could be on our high availability, low latency data stores that are used in our member experience or batch and stream processing systems that enable personalization and recommendations, or analytics solutions for insights and decision making. Examples of the types of opportunities you might tackle include unifying data experience and providing holistic end-to-end workflows, managing more for users through higher levels of data abstraction, and/or rethinking how we approach global data challenges like privacy, and residency, replication, and more. The scope and impact of these roles are significant. You'll be responsible for managing a portfolio of products and driving holistic product strategy and prioritization across them.
Product Management is a newer team in Platform Engineering and we’re on a mission to raise the level of product thinking across the organization. This is a unique opportunity for you to help shape our product management practices and partner closely with engineering teams through this evolution.
If you’re looking for a deeply technical and highly dynamic opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the future of data at Netflix, we’d love to talk to you!
What You Will Do
- Deeply understand and triangulate across customer needs, product analytics, and external industry innovation to drive product vision and strategy for Data Platform offerings that maximize business and customer impact
- Partner closely with senior management and engineering teams to define and align with stakeholders on vision, strategy, and roadmaps
- Develop product roadmaps in partnership with relevant product and engineering teams that execute on product vision and strategy and inform our engineering teams of what problems need to be solved
- Define how we will measure the success and effectiveness of our products and drive the execution and continuous evaluation of those metrics
- Create strong partnerships with Netflix data users creating continuous feedback loops that allow us to better understand their problems
- Ensure we are solving the right problems by sourcing input from multiple channels and prioritizing effectively to drive maximum impact for Netflix
- Ensure that our product evolution thoughtfully addresses product lifecycle and adoption/migration experience and provides clear guidance and recommendations to Netflix data users
- Help evolve Platform Engineering’s customer engagement model, communication strategy, and prioritization and planning/road mapping practices
What We’re Looking For
- Proven track record of managing and evolving a product portfolio and/or driving product vision and strategy
- A healthy blend of deep technical knowledge with a customer-focused mindset and empathy
- Demonstrated passion for data platforms, data experience, tools, workflows, and/or data infrastructure
- Strategic thinker that can connect customer use cases to technology solutions and think holistically about the end-to-end experience
- Ability to manage a portfolio of bigger and smaller bets while balancing short-term goals and long-term vision
- Comfortable applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to define success
- Leverages product intuition and judgment to solve problems and make decisions without perfect information
- Insatiable curiosity to learn new domains, keep up with industry innovation, and constantly ask ‘why’
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; timely communication with clear expectations
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our culture is unique, and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix culture.
More About Data Platform @ Netflix