We are witnessing a massive shift of consumer behavior from offline to online. With it, there is a need for technologies that enable online businesses to thrive. Bolt is at the center of this universe working on the next generation of ecommerce, having created a best-in-class buying experience from checkout to fraud detection, payments and more. With our help, retailers can successfully compete with the online retail giants that have the means to invest in technology.
The Data Platform team's mission is to build a unique leverage for Bolt through trustworthy data. Our technologies power analytics, reporting, machine learning, AI, and data applications across the company.
As a Data Platform Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining the strategy, roadmap , workflows and tools that are used to create, maintain, and consume data at Bolt. Your team will deliver on that vision so that every Bolt employee can easily make data driven decisions.
We are seeking an experienced, driven, technical product manager who is passionate about improving data user engagement and productivity, and defining the next generation products for how data is produced and consumed. You will own the infrastructure, processes, and tooling that empowers our data engineers and scientists to rapidly convert events and activity on the Bolt network to actionable insights powering decision making in the company. You will be responsible for democratizing data at Bolt and defining how data becomes part of people’s daily activities, as well as the roadmap for how we get there.
What you'll do...
- Establish the vision for next generation data engineering and infrastructure products. Translate long-term vision into clear actionable next steps for engineering teams.
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our data engineers, solving technical and operational problems as they relate to product development.
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (Analysts, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Security, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team.
- Communicate concisely with engineering and product leadership, and influence our tech strategy.
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution.
- Create processes for collecting feedback from users, and prioritizing requests across an expanding number of internal stakeholders.
- Consistently deliver high-quality new products and features while improving the reliability of what already exists.
- Set audacious goals for your area’s impact on the overall organization and regularly hit them and define key success metrics to inform product success and health.
- Speak the language of the engineering, design, data science, and security functions to coordinate complex cross-functional initiatives.
What would set you up for success...
- 4+ years of product management experience related to data and/or data infrastructure.
- Passionate about improving developer productivity, product quality, and automating/optimizing developer workflows.
- Demonstrated empathy for key data management pain points, and a track record of leadership in building products for data engineers or data scientists.
- A clear history of delivering high-quality products.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and data infrastructure principles
- Experience with managing multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive data ecosystems, platforms and tools.
- Proven ability to prioritize and pair bold product vision with execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication ability to influence and drive strategy.
- Extremely organized and able to quickly digest and organize complex information.
- Experience as a data engineer, data scientist, or other advanced data user
- Knowledge of data creation and consumption products (dbt, Airflow, Airbyte, Spark, Superset, etc.)
- Experience with anomaly detection, observability, and logging tool sets
- Experience with ML products including feature creation and/or model training
Bolt is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.