The Data Platform team's mission is to help power growth for Dropbox through trustworthy and easy to use data. Our technologies power business insights, analytics, reporting, machine learning, and data applications across the company.
As a Data Platform Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining the strategy, and developing a delightful user flow with the right tools that are used to generate, manage, and consume data at Dropbox. Our teams will deliver on that vision so that everyone at dropbox can easily leverage the power of our data.
We are seeking an experienced, product manager who is passionate about developing delightful data workflows, and defining the the future products for how data is generated and used. You will own the tools, infrastructure, and processes, that empowers our analysts, data engineers and scientists to rapidly convert activity on the Dropbox platform to actionable insights powering decision making in the company. You will be responsible for defining how data becomes easy to use and discover at Dropbox, as well as the roadmap for how we get there.
- Establish the future for data engineering products. Think outside of the box and encourage others to do the same.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of engineers across Data Strategy, Data Platform, and Data Engineering to deliver on our mission.
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Data Science, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team
- Be efficient at execution and shipping products that solve technical and operational problems for our users.
- Be effective and communicating clearly and concisely with engineering and product leadership, and influence our technical strategy
- Develop the product roadmap and build alignment on prioritization to drive product execution
- Create processes for collecting feedback from users, and prioritizing requests across business stakeholders
- Define OKRs to inform product success and health
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- Experience in crafting and helping build improving data productivity, quality, and automating/optimizing data workflows.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment
- Passion to understand customer needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems
- Demonstrated empathy for key data management pain points, and a track record of leadership in building products for data engineers or data scientists
- Strong analytical skills to make data-driven decisions
- You care about diversity and contribute to a psychologically safe environment for all our employees, customers, and partners.
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and data infrastructure principles
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $137,400 - $161,600 - $185,800
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
alary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.