Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Catalog Foundations team. Catalog Foundations sits at the intersection between the world’s audio content and Spotify's feature teams. We are responsible for delivering a catalog that can scale, with high quality metadata that is accessible to internal Spotify teams. We help fuel Spotify’s success by ingesting, modeling, enriching and distributing content and its metadata. In doing so, we help Spotify to innovate and outrun our competitors in the content space.
Your work will redefine how Spotify manages the intake of diverse content types at an incredible scale. By working in close partnerships with diverse teams across the organization, you will help us to imagine new content experiences on our platform.
What you'll do:
- Develop the core infrastructure for creators to share their content worldwide;
- Help Catalog Foundations to build and operate a self-serve content platform that is used by all other Spotify teams;
- Align with partners throughout the company to ensure the resulting products meet their technical requirements;
- Continually improve your products via an ongoing build-measure-learn cycle;
- Collaborate with a team of skilled engineers, operations and data scientists to set a vision, strategy and roadmap;
- Work closely with an Engineering Manager to ensure that your team is strong and healthy.
Who you are:
- You care deeply about the success of your customers and stakeholders;
- You cut through complexity to provide clear and concise guidance to your team;
- You know how to maintain and evolve large-scale products by using research, data, insights and iterative practices;
- You are passionate about how products work “under the hood” and are comfortable discussing technical challenges with engineers;
- You understand, or are curious to learn, the importance of metadata for content experiences;
- You can develop a long-term roadmap for ambitious new ideas;
- You are an excellent communicator in spoken and written English
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all shall be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.