Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
About the role
As a Product Manager within the Collecting Payments team you will be responsible for executing on our product vision, strategy and roadmap. You will work alongside a talented engineering pod. Your skillful product leadership and management of the pod’s backlog enables the pod to deliver compelling products and services that solve real problems for our customers.
You are proficient in Product Management within a SaaS environment, you will ideally bring with you some financial services experience and experience working closely with design, research and development teams to bring innovative solutions to life. The ability to build relationships across the organisation and with our partners will be key to your success. As well as a focus on both customer experience and successful commercial management of your product.
What you'll do
- Understand customer problems and be the champion of the ‘what’ and the ‘why’. Delivering value through defining, driving and executing a product roadmap that realises Xero’s vision and objectives and ensures the success of the product.
- Know the card and account to account payments industry and become a subject matter expert in delivering superior payments experience to Xero customers globally.
- Contribute to a “disruptor” product that spans across multiple disciplines and requires high levels of vendor and partner collaboration, as well as internal stakeholder management.
- Bridge technical, commercial and customer experience worlds as you build strong and productive relationships with stakeholders to deliver on market needs and priorities, and evangelise the product vision.
- Work with product marketing, data and research teams to drive feature penetration and undertake competitive research to uncover customer needs and new product value propositions in line with the payments team’s vision.
- Work closely with engineering to deliver quality software with amazing user experiences that solve real customer problems.
- Help cultivate a fun, rewarding, innovative and results-driven culture that lives and breathes Xero values.
What you'll have
- A curious mindset and passion for product - advocating and building a deep understanding about our product, it’s customers and where it can add value
- Bring the fun and energy! We’ve spent a lot of time building high performing teams and believe it’s important to have a laugh and drive a great culture for all to thrive.
- A collaborator when it comes to championing strategic priorities, helping others relate to and align with them.
- Help inform the product roadmap, strategy and vision to maximise value for our customers
- A toolbox of modern product discovery practices and techniques to draw upon.
- Proven experience using a range of metrics to monitor the success and health of products and services.
- Ability to use those metrics to make evidence-based decisions.
- Work with stakeholders to build influence through meaningful and collaborative relationships across all levels of the business.
- Ability to create clarity and remove complexity for product teams — with an organised work style that is structured, rigorous and consistent.
What you’ll bring with you
- 3+ yrs Previous experience as a Product Owner/ Sr BA and demonstrable experience collaborating with a diverse stakeholder group to realize commercial outcomes.
- Previous experience in leading people and forming high-performing teams
- Card payments and financial services experience favorable
- Good knowledge of Merchant Risk and Card Acquiring favorable
- A solid track record of addressing customer needs through innovative use of technology
- Proven ability to influence outcomes at all levels in a variety of contexts
- Extensive experience working with software development projects at scale
- Demonstrated experience in defining product roadmaps and long term planning
- Ability to influence outcomes at all levels in a variety of contexts
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.