Stories move us. They make us feel more emotion, see new perspectives, and bring us closer to each other. At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are always looking to help you find your next favorite story. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, over 200 million paid subscribers.
Platform engineering is a team of stunning colleagues across the globe focused on providing technical products, tools, and services that enable Netflix to scale and innovate effectively and empower Netflix engineers to focus on building innovative experiences for our members and creators around the world. We deploy hundreds of services, on thousands of instances, across multiple regions, and millions of client devices. Within Platform Engineering, the teams focused on core infrastructure focus on increasing agility, efficiency, and reliability across our compute, networking, and storage offerings, while reducing operational burden and enabling innovation for application owners.
We are looking for experienced product managers focused on networking and storage to partner with engineering to build product strategies, prioritize roadmaps, and clear product specifications for core infrastructure on which a majority of the various Netflix businesses run. We are building a strong product management team in Platform Engineering to move towards a more product-focused organization. If you’re looking for a deeply technical and highly dynamic opportunity that will have an outsized impact on the future of software engineering at Netflix, we’d love to talk to you!
What you will do:
- Develop product roadmaps and specifications across compute, networking, and storage that inform engineering teams on objectives, scenario prioritization, and customer requirements
- Define longer-term product direction and strategy across cloud infrastructure that influences Platform-wide strategy
- Partner with our customers (other internal Netflix engineering teams), to better understand their problems and work together to deliver needed solutions
- Partner with other product managers and engineering teams to create cohesive strategies and roadmaps across organizational boundaries
- Foster an environment that is customer-focused, data-driven, and hypothesis/ experimentation based
- Engage deeply with external communities to stay abreast of industry trends and innovations
- Help evolve the product management discipline and practices within Platform engineering
What we are looking for:
- A combination of deep technical knowledge and a customer-focused mindset
- Demonstrated broad understanding of infrastructure technologies at scale, with deep expertise in either networking or storage
- Experience designing large scale production services in public or private cloud
- Strategic thinker that can relate technology solutions to customer use cases
- Comfortable handling and navigating ambiguity, working across different disciplines and teams, and applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to problem solve without perfect metrics
- Good balance of IQ & EQ to be able to solve both technical and social challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 6+ years of experience in product management
Want to know more about our Cloud Infrastructure teams? Check out:
A few more things about us:
As a Platform team, we come from many different countries and our fields of education range from the humanities to engineering to computer science. Our team includes product managers, program managers, designers, full-stack developers, distributed systems engineers, data scientists and folks have the opportunity to wear different hats, should they choose to. We strongly believe this diversity has helped us build an inclusive and empathetic environment, and are looking forward to adding your perspective to the mix!
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix here