Back Market is the #1 marketplace for refurbished electronic devices in Europe and in the US, leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste. We are proud to sabotage ‘new’ by connecting highly certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable and an ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Back Market is undergoing meteoric growth and has raised over 434M€ already! We have the objective of reaching 650 Back Makers (or Saboteurs) by the end of 2021!
We are thrilled to have an inclusive, fulfilling and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague, Berlin and Tokyo). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble and passionate team at the heart of innovation.
Be a part of the movement. Join the refurb revolution.
About the job
Can you build bridges between a customer problem and a marketplace ? Do you like to put yourself in customers’ shoes to understand what experiences they are going through and optimize them? Can you translate customers' issues into solutions by creating efficient user journeys to match their needs? Do you want to have a meaningful impact through your job? Here is your opportunity.
As a Product Manager within the Care Tribe you will work on a daily basis on creating new paths for our customers. Your goal is to ensure our customers: proactively get the right information at the right time, easily find the paths you created, and can contact the right problem solvers. You will be responsible for the whole customers’ experience once an order is placed, until they get in touch with a seller.
YOUR MISSION (IF YOU ACCEPT IT): ?
- You will be the entry point for all stakeholders and other teams to understand the short, medium and long term priorities, and translate the BackMarket vision and OKRs into a Client’s post sales experience vision
- You will liaise with all Backmarket counterparts (Quality teams, Service teams, Supply teams, designer, researchers, etc.) and different squads to ensure that your product fits perfectly into the Back Market experience
- You will be in charge of creating (in collaboration with business stakeholders), maintaining and delivering (in collaboration with the engineering manager) prioritized features and business enablers in order to continuously improve the clients’ post sales experience
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- You will be the daily partner of the Engineering Manager. Thanks to your ownership, you know how to adjust priorities if necessary, communicate, work closely with engineers to ensure our quality standards and respect our commitments
- You are able to communicate on the risks and impact of proposed changes, and anticipate potential problemsYou will show initiative to animate our different agile rituals. You know how to question your own operational mode as well as that of the team
- You are ready to follow and accompany the change, from a team organization point of view, work methods, pace of delivery etc.
YOU'RE PERFECT FOR THE ROLE IF: ⭐
- A strong experience (4 years and more) as a PM in an Agile environment on customer care / customer experience related issues, or in the marketplace sector. Bonus point if you have been evolving in a scale up environment
- You have product management experience in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and you are able to shape product discovery and delivery according to agile principles
- You are a brilliant communicator, your peers define you as a facilitator. Your interpersonal skills will be crucial for that role to build strong relationships with stakeholders and top management
- You have no problem with navigating ambiguous situations and have a profound problem solver attitude using data and the user at the center of all your thoughts
- You use common sense. You have a strategic but simple vision of your product. For you, the product must amplify the value of business expectations
- You have an analytical mind, and even better, an analytics background. Monitoring our key performance indicators / being able to define targeted increments is part of your daily life. Data is your secret weapon to better frame and measure the quality of our features and increments
- English is a no brainer, we are an international team.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US ? ✌?
- A meaningful job: through hard work, you will help avoid thousands of tons of electronic waste and fight against planned obsolescence. It counts!
- An attractive salary, equity, multiple benefits (meal tickets, health insurance, etc...), parental benefits, relocation package, internal events, etc…
- Be in an environment where you can make a difference: you will have the freedom to innovate and adopt new ideas!
- Grow your career with a flexible career path, Back Market can help you evolve!
- A booming scale-up: our environment is rapidly growing in Europe, the USA and in Asia!
- We embrace work life balance which includes flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home.
- A lot of fun: you will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, open-minded and friendly environment.
Back Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.