🌳 About Bonsai
Bonsai helps 500,000+ solo-businesses in 100+ countries start, run, and grow their businesses.
The way the world works is changing: Freelancers make up 40% of the workforce today and will be 50%+ by 2030. People want flexible and independent careers. Companies want great on-demand talent.
That's where Bonsai comes in. We take care of a freelancer's admin work - contracts, proposals, invoices, payments, accounting & taxes and even banking - so they can focus on the work they love and just make money.
We're profitable and growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors (YC, Matrix Partners, Index Ventures).
We've also been 90% remote since 2016 and our team is spread across 9 different countries.
About the Role
We are looking for a Product Manager on our Core Product Team who will be responsible for the development and execution of the product roadmap. This includes identifying and prioritizing new features and improvements, working closely with engineering and design to build and launch new features, and collaborating with other teams to drive growth.
- You will be the Product Manager for Bonsai’s Core Product (known as Workflow) which helps our customers with everything from winning new business and delivering projects, through to getting paid.
- You will work closely with the product development team and others to develop an impactful product roadmap that prioritizes new features, experiments and improvements based on customer feedback, market opportunities and business goals.
- You will conduct in-depth customer research and analysis to understand what problems our customers face and identify key areas for improvement.
- You will work closely with engineering and design to bring new solutions into our customers’ hands. This will include writing specifications and playing a project coordinator role to ensure a smooth release.
- You will work closely with Product Marketing to help shape public releases and drive the adoption of new features.
- You will define key success metrics for you and your team and analyze the performance of new releases.
- You will conduct A/B tests to optimize funnel metrics.
- You will play an active part in contributing to the overall product vision and strategy of Bonsai and helping discover new avenues for growth.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience working on a consumer, SaaS or marketplace product as a Product Manager, ideally in a remote-first company.
- You have top tier communication skills including excellent written and spoken English.
- You have a strong track record of working with software engineers and designers to ship new products and features. Bonus points if you have a computer science or design background or equivalent technical experience.
- You posses good design and UX skills and are passionate about making software intuitive and user friendly.
- You have an excellent eye for detail and hold yourself and others to a high standard.
- You’re comfortable with using data to guide your decision making. Bonus points if you have experience using tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc.
You’ll be a great fit if the following qualities apply to you:
- Action oriented: you strive to have an impact every day and can work at a high velocity. You are proactive and know how to get things moving when your team are stuck.
- Team player: you are collaborative and know how to motivate others while working together to achieve an outcome.
- Desire for ownership and impact: you want to make a real impact on the business and always take responsibility for your decisions.
- Organized self-starter: you know how to prioritize your time effectively and get things done.
- Enthusiasm for your craft: you bring passion and energy to your role and are committed to continuous learning and professional development.
- Industry leading compensation package — we know you will have a large impact on the company and we strive to compensate accordingly
- Remote-work option (working in your time-zone)
- All-expenses paid team retreats — our last retreat was in Lisbon, Portugal!
- Professional development stipend — books, classes, coaching
- Unlimited holidays
- Strong culture of work / life balance