Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
The Xero Payroll team are a talented and experienced group of humans based primarily across ANZ and the UK. We are focused on making it simple for small businesses everywhere to pay their people correctly and with confidence. Today we offer payroll solutions into many markets across the globe making the portfolio a key contributor to business success, but it is also a strategically critical part of Xero's future story.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager who deeply understands Xero's purpose and someone who will focus their energy and effort on identifying, exploring, validating and solving the right problems for our customers. You'll bring experience working in a challenging problem spaces with solid analytical skills, confident stakeholder management and a strong Agile mindset.
You'll have the opportunity to
- Work directly with the customer to conduct research, collect insights or validate understanding, getting support from the broader product function as required.
- Use customer data and insights particularly in assessing value and viability risks, to inform product roadmap and planning.
- Define the scope of the customer problem and frame possible solutions to test, validate and refine with the support from relevant team members.
- Take responsibility for managing risks (in line with Xero Risk Management Standard) arising from non-functional concerns including security, privacy, regulatory change and compliance, accuracy, responsible data use and availability: consulting with stakeholders and leading trade-off decisions.
- Develop product roadmaps to execute on the product strategy, and can manage a product to its roadmap.
- Develop an effective release strategy, with the support from relevant team members.
- Work collaboratively with the product function to ensure an effective launch.
- Monitor the overall commercial & customer results of the product line, working with other product team members to support as required.
- Manage a product across the end-to-end lifecycle (e.g. launch through to sunset) to ensure maintenance and support throughout the life of the product.
What you'll bring
- Previous experience as a product manager or product owner.
- Experience with agile processes in a software development environment.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with diverse stakeholder groups to realise customer and commercial outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in defining product roadmaps and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a cross-functional team to deliver customer and business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving skills with a focus on facilitation.
- Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- A “can-do” attitude with authenticity, diplomacy and drive.
- A track record in effectively adapting to changing circumstances, both in terms of product development techniques and delivery methods.
This role is open to internal Xeros across Australia and New Zealand locations, including remote. Applications will close on Friday 2nd December 2022.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. Our goal is to make sure you feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
At Xero we embrace diversity and inclusion and value a #challenge mindset. Research has shown that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single competency or experience . If you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be just the right person for this role and Xero. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application and throughout the interview process.