Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We’re looking for a skilled Product Manager to lead work in Data Center.
As Data Center Product Manager, you will advance our mission to unleash the potential in every team. You will drive product thinking and delivery of functionalities across Atlassian products. You will have a chance to build functionalities in Jira or lead a cross product initiatives across Atlassian portfolio.
More about you;
You love working closely with customers and building amazing products that our customers love. You have prior success delivering functionalities and evangelising for customers. Effective in prioritising, setting clear goals, making decisions, and communicating crisply to all audiences. You’ve got charisma in spades: you’re social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Work hand-in-hand with Enterprise customers to understand friction points in their product experiences and defining requirements to address those points
- Get your “hands dirty” with Engineering teams to understand the nuts and bolts of the infrastructure that delivers our products and any constraints implied
- Plan and execute product improvements and initiatives that balance requirements gathered from customers, market analysis, broader company strategy, and resource constraints
- Manage the roadmap, backlog, and incoming feature requests across all Data Center products, as well as define success metrics
- Form relationships with engineers, designers, support, and other customer-facing teams on delivering outstanding solutions to tricky problems
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the industry to ensure that we build today what our customers will want to use tomorrow
- Work on products in huge and very competitive markets, addressing customer needs across the entire spectrum, from small teams to massive enterprises.
On your first day we’ll expect you to have:
- Product management experience, ideally at a fast-growing software company
- Strong in prioritizing among opportunities, balancing the needs of our customers with those of our business, and clearly communicate the rationale behind your decisions
- Good instincts matched with analytical thinking. Comfortable making decisions based on both qualitative and quantitative data
- Technical fluency and proven experience translating complex technical projects and infrastructure work into clear, concrete, customer-facing product vision / goals
- True obsession for customers – you go out of your way to talk to customers and solve their problems because it’s what gets you out of bed in the morning, even if it means a tough conversation
It’s great, but not required, if you have
- 3+ years of product management experience, with a focus on Enterprise
- Computer science or a related technical degree
- Previous experience in the fields of project management, collaboration, and enterprise software.
About the team
Atlassian’s Data Center products are self-managed versions of our world-leading agile collaboration tools, built for the enterprise. Working as a Data Center Product Manager means working with and improving the experience of thousands of fascinating customers including Airbnb, NASA, Cisco, eBay and Toyota! Helping unleash the potential of millions of users. Product Managers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete product offering in collaboration with every other function, from early-stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics.
Along with the rest of the Journey To Cloud team, the Data Center Products team is on a mission to help our customers thrive with Atlassian - whether using our self-hosted products or migrating to our cloud products.
We work with some of the biggest companies in the world who use our products in extremely complex setups to do remarkable things and we are commited to making our software accessible for all of their team members.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits
include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.