We are looking for a creative, passionate, and experienced Product Manager to join the Marketplace team – Spotify’s division dedicated to helping artists thrive by providing the most valuable tools to create music, build an audience, monetize their fans, and ultimately live off their work.
Our native marketing tools play an essential role in artist development by enabling artists to find new listeners and activate existing fans to grow their audience on Spotify. In this role, you will set the vision and strategy for the machine learning capabilities that power these tools, including forecasting, pre-campaign insights, and targeting.
You will work with a cross-functional team of Engineers and Data Scientists to define the roadmap for our predictive capabilities, building the ML engine that powers our native marketing tools suite. You’ll combine a deep understanding of our users, our marketing tools product offering, and our future vision to define a roadmap of machine learning capabilities that will enable us to solve problems for customers in ways that create business impact. You will serve as a skilled translator between customer needs, business goals, and technical investments, guiding the team to deliver value iteratively.
What you'll do
- Set the vision and manage the roadmap for machine learning capabilities that address customer problems in ways that meet business goals, including:
- Helping our artist customers set the right campaign budgets to achieve their marketing goals
- Helping our artist customers make decisions about which content to promote to achieve specific audience growth outcomes
- Determining which Spotify listeners to show a promotion to to best achieve a specific artist marketing goal
- Manage the machine learning lifecycle from opportunity identification to data gathering to deployment
- Prioritize new opportunities based on customer needs, business potential, and technical costs
- Work closely with other marketing tools PMs, Sales, and Product Insights to identify ML investments that will unlock the most value
- Define success metrics that measure customer impact and business value, as well as parameters that enable engineers and data scientists to scope ML problems
- Demonstrate and help instill ML product strategy and best practices across our teams
- Ensure your team has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt, and providing maintenance and support
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience working as a product manager, with a track record of successful launches with material business impact
- You have 3+ years of experience as a machine learning PM implementing machine learning models in customer-facing features
- You ideally have experience applying machine learning models in the advertising or marketing technology space
- Can provide demonstrable examples of guiding the machine learning lifecycle from ideation to data gathering to deployment
- An outstanding communicator, comfortable with both writing about and presenting technical concepts in user-friendly ways to get your ideas heard and build consensus among a wide array of collaborators
- Passionate about the opportunity to use machine learning to build connections between artists and listeners
- You have a team-first approach and have developed techniques to ensure your teams are happy, motivated and productive
- You are comfortable working with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.