Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
The Product Manager will be responsible for leading product execution for critical business process applications that OpenGov’s clients use. The role is both internal and external focused and execution-oriented with an emphasis on high-quality, solution-oriented product development in a fast-paced, positive, and mission-driven organization.
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture-backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and are growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power a more effective and accountable government.
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager who can help shape the vision of leading Permitting and Licensing solutions for OpenGov and specifically for the team that is being built in Argentina. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with teams in Argentina, US, and Ukraine to build product features from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into shippable features in a fast-paced agile environment. You are curious, and self-driven with a passion for building products that delight customers. This role will involve occasional travel to the US.
At OpenGov, the PM team works closely with talented engineers, product designers, solution engineers, and deployment experts to help design the next generation modern permitting & licensing solutions that will change the way governments transform public administration. Our ideal candidate has shipped several releases of enterprise software, preferably in the ERP space (public or private sector). They have exemplary communication skills, are comfortable presenting complex business concepts at all levels, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
•Lead solution, customer, and developer-focused market research to address specific permitting & licensing business challenges.
• Gather requirements and write detailed business requirements and user stories that will guide product development and architecture.
• Work closely with our product designers in concepting and designing the product.
• Work closely with the engineering and design team to regularly perform backlog grooming and specify criteria for customer acceptance.
• Develop product documentation and release details for internal and external stakeholders.
• Manage feature prioritization and trade-offs and build consensus. Identify risks early in the cycle and provide timely decisions to all stakeholders.
• Be comfortable with understanding technical decisions and assumptions.
• Effectively work across cross-functional teams (Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Deployment, and others).
• Advocate passionately for a cross-product ERP vision rather than point solutions.
• Own go-to-market enablement and collaborate with others to develop online materials for support and professional services.
• Maximize efficiency in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative and unique solutions are required.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 3-5 + years of product management experience required, with enterprise SaaS experience preferred.
• Ability to think strategically and synthesize diverse information from many sources.
• Superb verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment.
• Hands-on software development experience preferred.
• Comfortable working with enterprise tools like ProductBoard, Confluence, Jira, and Pendo.
• Enterprise applications experience: CRM, ERP, EPM, HCM, etc. preferred.
•Interest in improving the effectiveness of Government.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here
to read more.
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.