Blink is the user experience firm for the world’s leading companies. We use evidence-driven design to create products that people use, love, and remember. With studios in Austin, Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle, Blink brings two decades of experience to research, design, and strategy for clients such as Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, NASA, Starbucks, and USAA.
This opportunity is a part of Embedded which supports long-term contract opportunities with some of Blink’s largest client partners.
For this client, we seek Product Designers at the Mid, and Senior level to work on a key client account.
Hybrid position based out of WA, NY or San Francisco Bay Area.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
- Product Designers are responsible for owning the full user-centered design process for their projects and features, creating meaningful and impactful experiences for our customers, satisfying business and user objectives, and contributing to market success.
- They use a full range of user research, concept ideation, product design, and cross-organizational collaboration skills to be a true advocate for our users. The ideal candidate will have experience with a broad set of user- centered design methods and best practices, strong business acumen, along with a nimble, pragmatic approach, and strong collaboration and communication skills.
- They work closely with product management, data, engineering, and other teams to build experiences that enable clients to easily turn private and public market data into invaluable insights.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify high-impact business problems and define the features and user experiences to solve them.
- Transform business and customer requirements into effective, efficient, and elegant solutions.
- Use strong systems thinking to enhance existing workflows and experiences for scalability.
- Conduct user research and data analysis to understand user needs, behaviors, and motivators that lead to engagement and realization of customer value.
- Translate abstract concepts into simple, elegant, and innovative designs expressed in sketches, diagrams, rapid prototypes, and final design executions.
- Partner with Product Management and Engineering team members to understand customers and markets, develop product strategies and detailed requirements and designs, and ensure successful release to market.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of your design solutions and identify strategies for enhancement and improvement.
- Deliver continuous improvement in your work and partnership with your product teams.
- Demonstrate accountability and ownership of your work and responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
- Contribute to evolving design practices and resources, supporting the digital maturity of our organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Digital Design, Human Centered Design, Psychology, or equivalent.
- 3 - 5+ years professional experience in a Product Design / UX role, ideally in a large business or enterprise environment.
- A portfolio of past work including concepts, ideation, flows, and completed designs, and final deliverables that demonstrate clear design thinking and craftsmanship.
- Demonstration of design thinking skills, use of modern design best practices, and ability to create innovative and meaningful experiences that deliver user value and business results.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate and support design decisions and how they add value to the product.
- Strong analytical skills, use qualitative and quantitative data to guide design decisions.
- Experience balancing multiple projects, organizing priorities, and personal discipline.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for the work you lead and deliver.
- Intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and a collaboration-driven interaction style.
- Humility, enthusiasm, and ability to build relationships, foster trust, and develop shared understanding.
Blink is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.