Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
Everything at Verkada begins with design. Every part of our product experience is carefully crafted to be simple, elegant, and powerful. As a product designer, you will be responsible for delivering best-in-class web-based and mobile tools (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’ll work with product managers, designers, and engineers to design our software, from defining a product vision to tweaking pixels before each release.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and product managers in a highly agile development environment.
- Run brainstorming sessions with engineers, product, and other designers.
- Help develop product strategies that deliver on customer needs and the company’s vision
- Build clear, concise and intuitive UX/UI with everything from low-fidelity wireframes to final designs.
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage and maintain a project’s scope and schedule.
- Initiate and participate in user research as needed on key projects.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- 3+ years of product/UX design experience
- A drive to solve complex problems with simple and intuitive solutions
- Strong communication skills and ability to clearly articulate design rationale
- Ability to think holistically and design cohesive end to end experiences
- Understanding of common UX principles and patterns
- Proven experience in creative problem solving and partnering with product, engineering, and other designers to do so
- Ability to iterate and rapidly prototype ideas and concepts
- Proficient in: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
- Relocation assistance provided
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.