As a Product Designer at Vanta, you’ll have the opportunity to drive the design work on a core area of our product, crafting end-to-end designs in collaboration with your product and engineering teammates. If you are excited by handling a broad range of design tasks across all stages of design, then this might be the role for you.
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Designers at Vanta are part of a product and design-led company. We’re a close-knit, collaborative, empowered team that thrives when working on complex challenges. While some team members have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
What you’ll do as a Product Designer at Vanta:
- Own design problems end-to-end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Work closely with engineers and other partners to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Partner with our user research team to better understand the needs of our customers
- Facilitate team discussions and help drive toward decisions
- Contribute to Vanta’s internal design system by creating new patterns that are intuitive, practical, and convergent
- Participate in weekly design reviews, giving and soliciting feedback on other team members’ in-progress work
How to be successful in this role, you:
- Have a few years of experience as a product designer shipping products and delivering customer value
- Have a passion for tackling complex user problems and shaping them into powerful/simple outcomes
- Have strong visual, UI and interaction skills
- Enjoy spending time understanding users and their problems
- Have effective written and verbal communication skills
- Are comfortable working with, and even embracing ambiguity
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American's social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers' credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta's mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn't certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.