Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 900 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
We're looking for a Product Designer to work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the organization through all aspects of the design process. The role demands great execution, an obsession with quality, and creative problem solving for users and business goals.
As an early member of our internal creative team, you will have a significant impact on Upgrade's products, brand and visual identity. You can take the lead and are highly collaborative. You're a self-motivated, detail-oriented craftsman, work efficiently and effectively with other designers, developers, product managers and marketers. You can concept, design, and present solutions that solve user and business problems, delivering measurable outcomes for the team.
- Work cross-functionally with product, marketing, and engineering in partnership with senior designers to incorporate UI / UX best practices for mobile and responsive web experiences
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Use data analytics, user testing, and research to inform and validate design decisions and focus on constant improvement
- Think about design as a system, contributing to and maintaining our design system in order to influence qualify and efficiency for all our teams and products
- Help shape the internal design process and the culture of the growing design community
- 3+ years of design experience and background in a Graphic Design, HCI, or design-related discipline
- Working knowledge of Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience collaborating with designers, strategists, managers, and technologists
- Experience communicating design rationale to internal team and other stakeholders
- A portfolio demonstrating passion and excellence in product design
- Expertise in mobile app design (iOS and Android)
- Experience with digital banking or interest in the fintech space
- Invision and other prototyping tools
- Motion graphic and animation skills
- Competitive salary and stock option plan
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K match
- Unlimited vacation
- Hybrid workplace
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development
- Paid parental leave
- Health & wellness initiatives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
California Employee Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 1/1/2020
Notice to Applicants for Employment, Employees, and Contractors:
This California Employee Privacy Notice is intended to provide California consumers who are employed or apply for employment or a contractor position with Upgrade information about the categories of personal information Upgrade collects and how the company uses this information. For any questions about this notice, please contact [email protected].
Personal Information Upgrade Collects:
Identifying information: including name, address, email, telephone number, social security number, driver license number, passport number, and other personal identifying information. Information you provide as a part of a job application or from a background check performed after a job offered is extended, including employment, education, credit, and criminal history. Data on work productivity and performance, including hours worked, electronic network activity, and tasks performed.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information:
To consider applications for employment. To complete payments, including payroll, expense reimbursement, other compensation-related payments, and the administration of stock options. To administer benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter, and retirement benefits. To provide human resources services and conduct performance evaluations. To monitor work eligibility including work-related licenses, credentials, training, and eligibility to work in the United States. To ensure a safe and efficient working environment. To comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements including state and federal company reporting obligations.