Sketchfab is all about its users. Whether it is our long-standing community, our Store customers, or one of the many cultural heritage institutions we work with, we want to offer them the best 3D and VR/AR experience on the web. To do so, we are constantly improving our features and creating new ones. We empower our users to discover and use 3D — be it as hobbyist looking for new resources, a company looking for engaging ways to expand its business, or an artist looking for a professional tool.
3D, VR and AR are evolving quickly, and their future on the web is up to us to shape. More human-power will help us get there!
- Join our WEB team to design and improve features for our Community, Store or Enterprise clients
- Design and prototype simple, efficient and user-centric experiences
- Develop and improve our design system to increase design consistency, development speed and overall user experience
- Be an active advocate for the quality of product design
- Participate in product decisions using design, user experience and a global knowledge of the platform to guide features elaborations
- Present and explain your work, in the form of demonstrations or written arguments
- Ensure the consistency and quality of Sketchfab's communications and brand identity
- At least 3 years of experience in product design
- Comfortable with product design tools. We are currently using Sketch and Abstract, Invision, Photoshop and Illustrator, Confluence and Slack
- Used to work together within a team of product managers and developers
- A portfolio that shows your user-centric design approach and the results of your work
- Aware of latest design trends yet focused on "timeless design"Some frontend coding knowledge (html, js, css) is a plus
- Some knowledge of the 3D world and software is a plus (Blender, Maya, 3DS Max)
- Empathy: Communication is the key to a great collaboration, not only within the team but also regarding the end user, ability to ask the right questions and be attentive to the user's needs
- Vision: Develop a product-based vision that illustrates how design can solve user problems and create great experiences. Understand what will meet and even exceed user expectations
- Determination: Iterate collectively to find the right user experience, convince stakeholders, follow development and delivery steps to provide valuable feedback
If you feel you only meet 75% of the skills mentioned, do apply anyway! We will have time to assess your profile later during interviews.
- We are creative and share an explorer, curious, art-loving and geeky mindset
- We are passionate about what we do, and bring to the team our skills, perseverance, dynamism, autonomy and ambition
- We care about people and the way things are done
- We have fun, and are comfortable being our true self
- We are an international and French & English-speaking team
The job is based in Paris, and comes with a competitive salary and equity package, depending on your experience. Speaking French is a plus, but not mandatory.
Benefits & Perks
Many people at Sketchfab stay 3, 5, even 7 years in the team. To make sure you feel good with your package, your missions and your colleagues, we offer:
• Generous package for you and your family
• Safe, flexible, and parents friendly culture - work/life balance is protected
• Top equipment and welcoming offices
• Learning & development budget and opportunities
• Exchange program...
Sketchfab is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace
. We strongly encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Everyone receives consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
Step 1 — Apply to the position you think you would best fit.
Step 2 — Members of the relevant team review your profile and expectations.
Step 3 — Meet several people in the team within which you would be working.
Step 4 — Complete an assignment.
Step 5 — Meet with the 3 co-founders.
Once you receive an offer, you are looped in with our Operations team to ensure your onboarding experience is smooth and joyful.
Sketchfab is empowering a new era of creativity by making it easy for anyone to publish and find 3D content online. With a community of millions of creators who have published millions of models, we are the largest platform for immersive and interactive 3D. Additionally, our store lets buyers and sellers transact 3D models with confidence using our realtime viewer and model inspector.
Our technology is integrated with every major 3D creation tool and publishing platform, and is compatible across modern browsers, operating systems, desktop and mobile. We also support VR and AR on compatible hardware. Our robust APIs let developers support direct uploading and downloading of 3D models; and configure our embeddable 3D viewer as needed.