Remote Work. We know the best work doesn’t always happen in person. Our people have the choice to work from wherever they do their best work. For some of us that means our homes, while others prefer to use our office in Boston (the Seaport). With flexible working locations and hours, we support Robinauts across the US.
Robin is the hybrid workplace company. Since 2014, we’ve empowered people to do their best work by building tech solutions that fuel vibrant workplace experiences. Our platform redefines work and community building for hybrid companies everywhere. It is our mission to empower people to do great work and foster a sense of community regardless of location.
What We're Looking For
Robin is changing hybrid work by helping employees build meaningful connections with their colleagues. As companies evolve with hybrid work strategies, Robin helps employees understand the best time and place to meet with colleagues in person and when it might make more sense to get focus work done at home.
Product Design at Robin is working together to explore, define, and build the experience that powers the next generation of the workplace. We want system thinkers who can identify patterns to the root cause. Then, apply that thinking to build systems that span the virtual and physical workplaces.
This role will report to the Design Manager, Collaboration (our end-user products). You will be responsible for defining and delivering experiences that help Robin acquire new users and help keep them around.
Sound interesting? Keep reading!
We’re Hiring Someone Who Will:
- Have 2+ years of experience as a Product Designer at a software company
- Break down problems with product managers and engineers to find solutions
- Design and deliver high-quality features and workflows that are simple and intuitive
- Facilitate design exercises to help define problems alongside product managers, designers, and engineers
- Identify impactful opportunities for your product area, design features to pursue business goals, and communicate decision rationale.
- Participate in regular design reviews where you will seek specific feedback on your designs and incorporate relevant feedback
- Conduct routine user testing to learn how to improve usability and better understand user problems
You’ll Succeed In This Role If You:
- Software experience. You have experience working in a scrum team environment for at least two years.
- Build with the fewest parts. Think in systems to build a predictable experience from Web, Mobile, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
- Simplifier. Ability to simplify complex problems in a clear direction.
- Clear communicator. You are skilled in clearly explaining your work and design decisions to designers, product managers, and engineers. We are a collaborative group and are looking for someone who is collegial, upbeat, and open to exchanging feedback.
- Sweat the details. You care about UI details as much as you do UX flows.
- Problems over solutions. You obsess over understanding customer problems before the solution.
- Think big, build small. You have experience working with some definition, but comfortable exploring unknown to deliver mocks then work with product and engineer to deliver work iteratively.
- Work as a “Trifecta”. Working daily with product and engineering excites you to create solutions that help drive the business.
- Share work early and often. The Robin Product Design team values collaboration and sharing progress throughout the design lifecycle.
- Above all else, you're a friendly, open-minded team player.
- Medical & Dental Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield covered at 100% for employee-only plans and 85% for family members.
- Vision Insurance offered through EyeMed
- Company sponsored 401k with up to a 3% match
- Incentive Stock Options
- 100% Paid Parental Leave
- Unlimited vacation time (that we actually use!)
- 12 company holidays
- Work from Anywhere
- Monthly Hybrid Stipend Program
- Equipment Stipend
- Weekly Meal Stipend through DoorDash
- Professional Development Stipend
- Talent Referral Program
- Recognition perks through Blueboard
- Travel to HQ for Remote Employees
We Celebrate Diversity
Robin is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the world around us. We believe that the key to good work is empowering our people and we know that diversity and inclusion are a large part of this equation. Our realities shape our everyday experiences and it’s our responsibility to our employees, our customers and our communities to address the issues with workplace representation. Robin does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.