Our mission is to increase the success rate of small businesses. Traditional banking has been a growth limiter rather than a growth enabler for business owners, and we’re changing that. Relay is the all-in-one, collaborative money management platform. We’re building for employer SMBs and their finance function, internal and external, and are focused on delivering a human-centric customer experience. Ultimately, we help SMBs be ‘on the money'.
At Relay, our Product team is responsible for shaping our small business banking platform; we dive deep into the problems and pain points of our customers to marry their needs with those of our business and the capabilities of technology.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us scale our design engine. As the sole designer on the team for now, you’ll have a huge impact on our product growth and have the opportunity to design features that create the best product experiences for our customers. You’ll work closely with our product team to shape our roadmap and passionately act as the voice of our customers.
Joining Relay, means an opportunity to make a huge impact building solutions with the potential to reach 29 million small businesses across North America. If you thrive on growth and solving real customer problems, we want to hear from you! Please note that we are a hybrid environment and choose to collaborate in the office twice a week.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Participate in the end-to-end cycle of new projects of every scale. This means supporting user research, prototyping, and testing solutions at different fidelities, monitoring results and iterating appropriately
- Help nurture a culture of customer understanding, where we are curious to hear from our customers and want to deeply understand their problems
- Work with product managers to define problems and come up with solutions and challenge the assumptions and requirements along the way
- Design for both big extensive projects as well as more immediate fixes or minor improvements
- Be a key driver in defining our design and product team's culture, rituals, and activities
- Infuse the digital experience with delightful moments our customers will love
Who You Are
- You have 2+ years of professional product design experience
- You have experience designing and prototyping in different fidelity levels, from abstract flow diagrams to production-ready screens in multiple platforms
- You love using research as a base for your work, including reviewing customer feedback, setting up and conducting interviews, administering surveys, and investigating our data resources
- You are a clear writer and can draft copy for Relay’s product in collaboration with our Product Marketing team
- You are able to communicate designs in terms of the problem, solution, and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You value transparency by sharing work early, involving the right stakeholders at the appropriate times, and being receptive to design critiques and feedback
- You're skilled with Figma and other whiteboarding tools like Miro
- You have a desire and ability to learn. We don't expect you to arrive as an expert in all the tools and experience above, so you should be self-determined and have a strong desire to grow
- You have experience contributing to brainstorms and other design workshops
- You know how to design supporting assets like icons, motion graphics, or illustrations
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Interaction Design, HCI, or a related discipline
Our Commitment To You
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity: every team member gets a piece of the pie.
- Comprehensive health benefits: we offer full health benefits + an HSA/WSA starting from day 1 so you get the coverage you need.
- 3 weeks vacation + end-of-year holiday shutdown: we take time off to reset and recharge so we come back better for our customers.
- Hybrid work environment: we love collaborating and connecting in office two times a week and offer catered lunches and a snack/beverage program for the days we’re in office. Don’t forget to bring in your fury friends!
- Personal and professional growth: support from leaders who care about your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching. Our goal is to make Relay a step-change career opportunity.
- Top-tier equipment: we’re a Mac environment and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to produce your best work.
- Team-first culture: we’re passionate about working collaboratively, bonding through team events, and most importantly having fun.
What’s Important to Us:
At Relay, we believe that diversity is key to building high-performing teams, and creating an inclusive work environment is our priority. We are an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We will work with applicants to provide accommodations at any stage of the hiring process. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please email your People Team contact, and we will work with you to meet your needs.