The design team is (currently) a group of 4 designers. Some specialize in UI and visual design, others in UX and research.
Different parts of our product experience are at different points of maturity and complexity, and we are aiming to improve the overall experience of building websites and creating content.
To get there, we need talented Product Designers to join us and work on these challenges.
If you love what you do, are driven and passionate, and you’re interested in a growing company, then we want to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Your role is all about solving a wide variety of different product challenges: from developing new features to harmonising the UX patterns across the product.
- Wire-frame, build end-to-end flows, prototype, design UI (while not forgetting the details, fonts, colours, spacings, interaction patterns, wordings...)
- Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of UX Researchers, Product Managers, Developers, and other Designers across every touchpoint of the user experience.
- Work with UX researchers from the start and form a good understanding of our users and the problems we are solving. - Together, you will turn research insights into real ideas through different techniques.
- Interact with our users to evaluate your proposed design solutions
- Help build our user's journeys, specific to their use cases & objectives
- Collaborate with teams to continue building and scaling our design system
- Represent the Design, and give feedback in critique, road mapping, sprint planning...
- Help recruit and interview new Product Designers.
What we're looking for
- Nice portfolio, showcasing designing software for desktop and/or mobile, with foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, and idea generation.
- You love to iterate, edit, abandon, and start again.
- When designing you are keeping in mind complex scenarios.
- Good knowledge of UX methodologies.
- UX expertise specifically in the implementation of user testing and research throughout the design process (in collaboration with UX Researchers).
- You are used to working with a design system.
- Any additional skills in illustration, animation, front-end development, or icon design are a plus!
- A learning and growth mindset: our team size and our design process will evolve over the next few years. We will learn quickly and integrate what we learn — from our work and from each other.
- Huge plus if you are technically adept (it can get technical). You worked with developers extensively, you maybe have already built a website from scratch, or if you have used other CMSs before...?
- Experience collaborating with distant teammates and understanding the communication patterns within remote teams.
Nice to have:
- Developer platform/tool industry experience.
- Experience applying your design skills to SaaS products relating to the creation, modification, and/or management of digital content (DIY website builders, open-source CMSs, modern solutions for editing)
- Experience in design related to eCommerce and Market place.
What do we offer?
Our headquarters is based in Paris and if you are already in that area or willing to relocate then that is perfect - but this position is also open to remote applicants (although preferably in a similar time zone).
Some of what we offer may depend on your location, so we will need to discuss that at a later date, but this should give you a general idea...
Competitive salary and compensation plan.
Latest MacBook Pro, health insurance, meal vouchers, unlimited coffee, tea, drinks, snacks, and yoga in our Parisian HQ (11th arrondissement).
Work alongside a diverse and talented team, on cutting-edge technology and challenging problems.
Here’s what to expect in the interview process
1️⃣ CV + Portfolio submitted along with a brief description of yourself and why you'd like to work with us at Prismic
2️⃣☎️ Introduction call: We will talk about Prismic and we'll ask you to share stories of you and your past work
3️⃣ ✏️Deep dive: Present a case study from your portfolio
4️⃣?✏️Design call: based on your experience take home design challenge + present it
5️⃣? Meet with our Founder and Head of product to understand the vision. This is an opportunity for you to understand our upcoming challenges and to ask all the remaining questions you may have.