Our Product Design team is growing and we want you to help us design the future of Platform.sh. We are creating a groundbreaking hosting and development tool that allows developers to focus on their core project and code, and not be distracted with the complexities of underlying infrastructure.
Reporting to the Product Design Manager, you will be involved at every step of the product design process working collaboratively with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, Technical Writers and of course - directly with our customers.
Your strengths will be to design solutions for complex product challenges for technical users whilst executing simple and delightful user experience and interface solutions. Designing for DevOps is no easy feat - you will need to be eager to learn more about the industry and how developers work. We’re looking for someone who is eager to learn, to grow as a designer, but can draw on real world experience to lead projects with design thinking and rapid iteration.
What you’ll get to do
- Ideate design solutions for challenging product problems, exploring multiple concepts in order to help define our overall product vision and strategy
- Designing simple solutions for complex technical workflows
- Wireframe and build prototypes to test and validate your designs with real users
- Prepare, moderate and synthesize user research and usability testing on your own projects
- Actively identify and improve the overall product experience through research and design
- Contribute to and help maintain and build the product design system
- Work with engineering teams to ensure implementation and user experience is seamless
- Ideate and recommend interaction/animation design when needed (even better if you can create them yourself in Principle or similar)
- Design specifically for our web application including mobile responsive consideration
What you’ll bring
- A portfolio of recent work demonstrating your product/UX/UX skills in real world product projects
- 4+ years of relevant experience, working as a designer on digital products
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design, from research to scoping, to UX to detailed UI design
- Solid understanding of interaction design and prototyping tools (we use Figma)
- Experience working in strategic product settings, working with Product Managers to explore scope through design thinking, creating alignment between stakeholders and helping define the path to execution
- A critical eye to the user experience and clean interface design
- At ease in an environment where you are iterating quickly and communicating ideas with various stakeholders with just the right fidelity for discussion
- Excellent communication and ability to articulate design choices and discuss feedback openly from many different perspective
What makes you especially good at this role:
- Demonstrate strategic product thinking and vision
- Driven to improve user experiences in the DevOps landscape
- Have an understanding of/or experience with development and engineering teams, processes and frameworks
- You are empathetic, open minded and love to continually learn new things
- Able to work in a remote setting, work from anywhere but be flexible as your team is spread across US, Europe and Australia so you have to be able to overlap with those timezones
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a designer who can perform well working remotely. You’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across worldwide time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Platform.sh is the end-to-end PaaS that enables you to build, run, and scale websites and apps in the languages and frameworks your teams need to innovate. We've created the leading end-to-end web platform that scales as your organization grows. Whether you're building a single site in one city or deploying and managing a fleet of sites worldwide, Platform.sh takes care of multi-cloud hosting, management, and operations, so you can focus on development with our included tools, APIs and workflows. Platform.sh is trusted by 5000+ organizations globally to create the best digital experiences.