Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Picture yourself at one of the fastest-growing companies in the world, surrounded by people who challenge you, support you, and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
We’re looking for a mid-level Product Designer to join our Platform Team at Onfido.
The Platform Team is responsible for the core technologies that support customers and internal teams. As this team was recently formed, you’ll work closely with Product Managers and your Engineering Team to understand the needs of our SDK and API customers and design intuitive, delightful, and scalable solutions.
We’ll look to you to provide the design expertise needed to bring a compelling and effective creative vision to life. You’ll become a reliable, credible contributor in your product domain, working closely with product management, engineering and others across the company to build experiences that positively impact our users, clients and our business. You’ll be joining a kind, inclusive, and mature Product and Design team with experienced leadership. We’ll provide you with the mentorship and support you need to do your best work and to grow as a professional.
We have engineers and designers working in our London and Lisbon offices and are open to candidates in the UK, Portugal, Germany or France.
What you’ll do at Onfido:
- Be the first to discover business and customer needs in an emerging market.
- Work closely with the customer experience team to identify and understand the needs of both our SDK and API customers, designing intuitive, delightful, and scalable solutions.
- Improve the product discovery and integration experience for our customers.
- Collaborate on problems with experts in different fields ranging from AI engineers to document specialists.
- Inform and validate your designs with user research and user testing.
- Deliver high-quality solutions and work with the engineering team to make them come to life.
- Identify success metrics and measure the impact of your work.
- Join workshops and critique sessions to bring forward new ideas and continuously improve our products and processes.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a passion for solving problems and making things simple.
- You are organized and communicate well. You can balance multiple priorities and share your ideas clearly with non-designers.You are comfortable working with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- You have experience with human-centered design methodologies and empathy for end-users.
- You are striving to improve processes and the way we work together.
What we believe:
- Collaboration early and often leads to better design.
- Everyone should be able to use and enjoy our products. We strongly believe in the importance of inclusivity, diversity and accessibility.
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values
and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.