✨ About us ✨
develops cutting-edge technology that empowers entrepreneurs, small businesses, and merchants to easily create images that sell - leveraging deep learning. Our ambition: power the internet’s commerce images.
Our first consumer product, the PhotoRoom app, is already a leader in mobile photo editing: we serve 10M+ users across more than 180 countries monthly, and our app was awarded the Best App of 2021
by Android and named Editor’s Choice
by Apple. We recently launched our second product, the API, allowing us to deploy our tech at scale through a b-to-b motion.
We are at an exciting stage of our journey, having successfully raised our Series A and looking to scale to $100M ARR in the next couple of years.
Our company is profitable, and our lean team is made of world-class experts in deep learning, product, and marketing with backgrounds at Apple, Algolia, or Google. We are a diverse team of entrepreneurs building for entrepreneurs.
🤓 We are looking for an expert in the Creative Design field, to help us go to the next level. As a member of the Design team, you will work on elevating the user experience across PhotoRoom’s products and web presence (iOS app, Android app, Web app, website) and play a key role in making PhotoRoom stand out from other photo solutions!
💰 60-85k* + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe, come once a month to Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (up to 10k€), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
💻 Technology - new MacBook Pro, monitor, keyboard, etc.
🏖️ Socials - Quarterly company retreats, weekly Happy Hour & Game Time
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need them (English & French).
*We can go higher for outstanding profiles and adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than in Paris.
✨ About the role ✨
- As PhotoRoom is still in early stages, we need someone who is ready to take its product's user experience to the next level. This person will have a lot of creative freedom and will play a big role in shaping the products used by millions of people around the world during an extremely exciting time in our growth.
- Your creativity and mastery of design tools will help you to guarantee the efficiency and coherence of PhotoRoom products, as well as to contribute to their evolution.
- You will have the chance to collaborate with multiple PhotoRoom teams. Whether you are brainstorming with other members of the Design team or working on product concepts with the Growth, Community, Brand, or Machine Learning teams.
- You’ll be working in direct collaboration with the Head of Design, giving and receiving feedback in order to create the best possible user experience, and finding the right balance between platform standards and brand expression.
- You’ll be working with a cross-platform design system and expected to contribute to its maintenance and evolution.
- You’ll be working closely with engineering teams to translate the design vision into the final product and understand the specificities and requirements of each platform.
- Overall, you will have a huge impact when it comes to how users will experience our products and our brand at large.
✨ About you ✨
- You have 3+ years of design experience and ideally have been part of building a creative tool at an early stage.
- You have mastered design tools such as Figma, and you also have a good knowledge of graphic and animation tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, or After Effects.
- You have worked with a design system and approach design as an interconnected system.
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to fluently articulate design decisions and are at ease working with various stakeholders across all channels.
- You are capable of taking on tasks such as doing mockups and designing prototypes of user interfaces across multiple platforms.
- You have a good eye for typography, color, and space, as well as a good understanding of responsive design requirements.
- You are adaptable and able to work with fast iterations.
✨ Hiring Process ✨
- Screening call with the Talent Manager
- Technical interview with the Hiring Manager
- Home technical assignment, followed by a review with the team (can be compensated and under 3h)
- Culture fit interview and meet the team!
- Reference check & Offer
Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.