Onfido is the new identity standard for the internet. We empower people around the globe to reach services they love and need simply, speedily and safely – whether they’re renting a car or opening a bank account or completing a high-value transaction where identity is key. We built a full-service suite of AI-powered identity verification solutions with fairness and inclusiveness at their core, and were awarded ‘Outstanding Leader in Accessibility’ and ‘Best Innovation in Algorithmic Bias Mitigation’ awards at CogX.
Onfido is an established pre-IPO technology company with a prominent position in the global marketplace that has been repeatedly recognized for excellence in performance and innovation. In 2021 we were awarded ‘Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Hot Company’ by CyberDefense Global Infosec Awards, ‘Fraud Prevention Innovation of the Year’ at the CyberSecurity Breakthrough Awards, and named to the CB Insights Fintech 250 for the fourth year running. We've received over $200 million in funding from investors including TPG Growth, Microsoft, and Salesforce to achieve our vision. We partner with thousands of businesses to help millions access services every week – from billion dollar institutions to hypergrowth unicorns. We support identities from 195 countries, and 2,500+ document types. Our recent growth is fuelled by continued increasing demand in the United States – where we’ve grown in year-over-year sales by 264% – as more enterprise organisations accelerate their digital transformation plans with Onfido.
Our goal is to work together to promote and celebrate an inclusive and diverse community. Collectively, all Onfidoers are committed to creating an environment where everyone can be themselves, and where differences are celebrated. We encourage people from all backgrounds and cultures to come together to solve some of the world's most interesting problems.
Picture yourself at one of the fastest-growing companies globally, surrounded by people who challenge you, support you, and inspire you to do the best work of your career.
We’re looking for a mid-level Product Designer to join our Service Knowledge Management team at Onfido.
Identity documents lie at the heart of what we do at Onfido.
Identity documents lie at the heart of what we do at Onfido. We support over 2500 individual documents in 200 countries and build a suite of tools to ensure those documents are captured and annotated accurately. This work is critical to ensure that we can prevent fraud, deliver industry-leading user experiences and drive automation, three of our top goals as a company.
We’ll look to you to provide the design expertise needed to bring a compelling and effective creative vision to life. You’ll become a reliable, credible contributor in your product domain, working closely with product management, engineering, and others across the company to build experiences that positively impact our users, clients, and our business.
You’ll be joining a kind, inclusive, and mature Product and Design team with experienced leadership. We’ll provide you with the mentorship and support you need to do your best work and grow as a professional.
We have engineers and designers working in our London and Lisbon offices and are open to candidates in the UK, Portugal, Germany, France or Netherlands.
What you’ll do at Onfido:
- Collaborate on problems with experts in different fields ranging from AI engineers to document specialists.
- Develop a deep understanding of the people you’re designing for by identifying their motivations, needs, expectations, and goals, and translating these into compelling experiences.
- Design flows and experiences that simplify complexity into usable interfaces.
- Deliver high-quality solutions and work with the engineering team to make them come to life.
- Inform and validate your UX designs with user research and user testing.
- Drive a partnership with product managers, engineers and user researchers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch.
- Identify success metrics and measure the impact of your work.
- Join workshops and critique sessions to bring forward new ideas and continuously improve our products and processes.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a passion for solving problems and making things simple.
- You are organised and communicate well.
- You can balance multiple priorities and share your ideas clearly with non-designers.
- You are comfortable working with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- You have experience with human- centred design methodologies and empathy for end-users.
- You strive to improve processes and the way we work together.
What we believe:
- Collaboration early and often leads to better design.
- Everyone should be able to use and enjoy our products. We strongly believe in the importance of inclusivity, diversity, and accessibility.
Apply! We’ll then assess your application against the role and other applicants. If successful we will then begin a two-way conversation where we both can find out a bit more about each other. Typically, a do-at-home problem-solving task or scenario will follow, before closing out with onsite technical and behavioural conversations with the team.
The process from application to completion should take two to four weeks, depending on diaries.
Where you will be:
At Onfido, we have a distributed workforce.
For this role, you can work in any EU country where we have a legal entity. We have a hybrid model, and you can choose to work fully remote, or come to our offices! We let all of our employees choose what’s best for them.
Onfidoer’s share a set of core values
and want to hear from you if you believe in:
> Succeeding together; you work collaboratively and put the team first
> Taking pride; you care about quality, producing great work and customer / user outcomes
> Creating customer buzz; you demonstrate a strong user / customer focus
> Learning things & sharing them; you have a natural curiosity and default to sharing knowledge with others
> Finding a better way; you’re adept at finding solutions, experimentation and innovating to make things better
Personal hyper-growth requires a fast-moving environment, a clear career development plan and—crucially—looking after ourselves.
Onfido Balance is the toolkit we’ve developed to succinctly communicate our benefits offering:
> Our Body benefits prioritise health, wellbeing, exercise and recovery.
> Our Head benefits are focussed heavily on learning whatever your learning style, mental wellness and flexible working.
> Our Heart benefits are framed around sharing our success with our peers, our local communities and our future selves in the form of equity, corporate social responsibility and better togetherness.
Onfido is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment. We're always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and encourage applications from all backgrounds regardless of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, parental status, race or religion. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.