Moneybox is on a mission to help everyone save and invest for their future, customers already hold over £2billion in assets on the Moneybox platform. We offer products and services which span across multiple financial missions helping customers save and buy their first home, save for retirement and save and invest towards their short or long term goals.
We’re looking for a mid-level Product Designer to join our Experience team. Designers at Moneybox are accountable for every feature they design - and they take that design from conception to implementation, launching features which touch all of our customers. You will work alongside other designers at a range of levels and collaboratively with Product Managers and developers in a lean environment.
You must have roughly 3-5 years of UX (solid experience of UX practice) and UI experience (best-in-class visual design skills), a portfolio demonstrating your UX design process and visual design of digital products and features for native apps. You should have an interest in technology, an eye for detail and a desire to learn on the go and think on your feet.
All applications must include a copy/link to your portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- Full stack product design, taking responsibility for all aspects of the of the feature you design - from the first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process
- Work directly with the product, insights and engineering teams to understand the user base, business needs, related requirements and technical constraints
- You will report directly to the Experience Product Design Lead and be based in the London office on a hybrid basis (min 2 days per week in the office)
- You’ll have weekly 1-2-1 sessions with your line manager to encourage development and growth
- Have a deep understanding of the Moneybox products and app
- Utilize your full range of UX design skills
- Continuously deliver design iterations in order to achieve the best experience
- You’ll create prototypes and user flows and communicate your ideas and rationale to wider stakeholders
- Evaluate UI/UX design throughout the development cycle and support the development team where required
- Create assets for campaigns and in-app content
- Use a combination of data and customer feedback to refine and optimise screens, processes and micro-interactions
- You’ll be a part of the wider Moneybox design team and participate in design reviews
Who you are
- A driven designer with 3 years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design in digital including experience in mobile and app
- Possess a portfolio full of beautiful, well thought out interface work that showcases your flair and attention-to-detail. Include examples of mobile app products you have worked on (iOS and Android) – if you have them
- Proficient with each stage of the design UX/UI design process (eg: process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, research, interaction design, visual design, prototyping)
- You’re a great communicator
- Ability to design products and features that match how people think and behave
- Work well autonomously
- Eager to deliver impeccable visual designs and have a high attention to detail
- Quick learner, always open-minded and curious, and eager to learn new skills
- Ability to think on your feet, adapt and convey your ideas and thought process
- You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, with support from your fellow designers
- What drives you is delivering great experiences and solving problems
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where you can use lightweight processes, creative ideas and quick iteration to have a huge impact
- Love showing your work often because it’s how you improve
- Have an interest in the FinTech industry
- Passionate about helping people save and invest for their future
- Aren’t afraid to speak your mind. At Moneybox we actively encourage you to challenge everything!
- Illustration skills are desired but not required.
- 3 years minimum experience delivering both UX and UI design
- A portfolio of work containing examples of both UX, UI and native applications
- Familiarity with design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Abstract, Figma, Marvel, Adobe CC Suite etc)
- Experience of native iOS/Android design
- Experience working in a fast paced environment alongside developers
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gympass subscription
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Enhanced parental pay & leave
- Personal L&D allowance AND full access to Udemy
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: [email protected]