Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $500BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 500,000 underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo empowers the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
Wonolo is looking for a Product Designer who will be responsible for creating innovative experiences for Wonoloers. In this role, you will partner with Product Managers, Researchers, Software Engineers, and Business teams to develop the Wonolo app for job seekers, helping Wonoloers find meaningful and fulfilling work! You are a generalist with a broad range of experiences working on mobile products, and fluent throughout the entire product development process, from discovery to production.
Product Design at Wonolo is part of the Technology organization composed of Product Designers, UX Researchers, Product Managers, Product Analysts, Software Engineers, and QA. Our Tech team is responsible for building the web and mobile products for our customers and worker community, as well as the matching algorithm, backend platform, and internal tools. We put users at the center of everything we do so if you’re customer-obsessed and looking for a high impact opportunity at a technology startup in scaling mode, please apply with your portfolio as we’d love to hear from you!
We are remote-first and welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada.
What you'll do:
- Work on cross functional projects with Product, Engineering, and Business teams to execute product design vision on the Wonoloer team
- Deliver User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), and Interaction Design (IxD) for iOS and Android platforms
- Partner with UX Research to test and validate designs with users through usability testing of wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Share and solicit feedback from team members and stakeholders at various stages of development
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience working in UX, UI, or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) related field
- Experience creating and shipping mobile products
- Proficiency in user-centered design practices, exploration, customer journey mapping, storyboarding, detailed interaction design, and visual design
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch/Figma/Principle/Flinto, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc.)
- You own product areas, user experiences, and KPIs such as activation and retention.
- Excellent storyteller, you are effective at presenting your work and findings to Leadership and team members
- Strong understanding of responsive design, human interface guidelines (HIG), and material design patterns
- You demonstrate a commitment towards advancing representation and inclusion in and outside the workplace
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and company bonus
- We cover 100% insurance (medical/dental/vision) premiums
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the US or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and laptop
- 401(k) plan as well as life and disability insurance
- Team outings, virtual happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 180+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States and Canada. We are well funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Inc.Magazine's Best Workplaces 2020 (Medium to Large)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado or New York City. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from within the State of Colorado or New York City.