At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste.
We can all do our part in fighting food waste and do our bit to tackle climate change by reducing the amount of food wasted. Did you know that more than one-third of all food produced gets thrown away? This unnecessary food waste equates to 10% of greenhouse gas emissions!
Too Good To Go is a food waste-fighting app and a certified B Corporation. We connect stores that have unsold, surplus food with consumers who buy and enjoy it. We save two meals every second, all thanks to our 2+ million daily users. We have over 49 million registered app users in 17 locations across Europe, the US and North America. Through our app, we have saved more than 108 million meals from going to waste. We are super proud of this, but there is still lots more that we want to achieve.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Mobile App Product Designer to join our product team working on our consumer apps at Too Good To Go.
As a Mobile App Product Designer, your mission is to ensure we design solutions to the right problems, and continuously improve the in-app experience for our users while delivering on team objectives. You will be involved in all phases of mobile product design, from opportunity prioritisation, brainstorming and ideation, to implementation and optimization, including creating wireframes, prototypes, testing with new and existing users, UI/UX and visual design.
- Be an integral part of the product team dedicated to mobile apps.
- Collaborate with the wider mobile and product team, to understand the market needs and user preferences.
- Contribute to the implementation of new features and iterations to deliver high-quality mobile app experiences.
- Balance the business goals and the user needs, translating both into concrete technical concepts and solutions.
- Continually raise the bar by sensitively giving feedback to fellow designers, whilst welcoming their input and suggestions on your work - emotional intelligence is a must here.
- Create design solutions and suggest further improvements of our design system, which will positively affect our team's KPIs, and how they impact our consumer.
- Solid experience as a Product Designer working with mobile apps.
- Confident wire-framing at all fidelity levels (from pen and paper to pixel perfect).
- Proficient in wire-framing software and interface design tools such as Figma or Sketch.
- Familiar with user centric design methodology and processes.
- Experienced at validating design solutions via moderated and unmoderated user testing.
- Comfortable facilitating design workshops at different stages of the discovery (from problem area exploration through to final solution selection).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to present your design methodology and process in a clear and simple way.
- Ability to design and create products by combining business goals and consumer needs.
- Familiar with working in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to use iterative methods to implement design processes.
- We fight together: food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
- We raise the bar: we always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers, and elevate one another.
- We keep it simple: our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple
- We build a legacy: we’re proud of the change we’re driving.
- We care: we always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
- A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
- The experience of being part of an international company with 1350 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
- Strong personal as well as professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
- An open company culture where you have the independence and room to unleash your creativity.
- A strong team culture where successes are celebrated together.
How to apply
- We take recruitment very seriously, so please carefully read everything we have written above. Please also check our website and international media in order to get a good overview of Too Good To Go.
- Submit your CV and Cover letter in English.
- Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging.
A Movement for Everyone
We want to inspire and empower everyone to fight food waste together. With that mission, it’s only natural that we want to build a diverse and inclusive team of highly capable individuals who are passionate about doing things in a better way. We strongly believe we all excel and are more creative when we’re allowed to be ourselves, and we’re committed to a culture where all of us belong.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.