About the Team
Fanatics Collectibles is a new company working at the intersection of collectibles and technology. Backed by some of the best investors, sports properties and operators in the world, we are integrating with Fanatics’ global digital sports platform – which includes 900 sports relationships and more than 90 million reachable fans - to reimagine the collectibles business for the 21st century.
We are a startup building products to transform live commerce. We aren’t a startup in the traditional sense, though. While we are a small team building new products from the ground up, we also have the backing of Fanatics – the world’s largest sports merchandiser with over 900 sports relationships and more than 81 million reachable fans. We have exclusive licensing deals with the MLB, NFL and NBA and the products we build will be used by millions of collectibles fans from day 1. We are out to reinvent the live commerce industry, which is a bold and ambitious mission.
We are looking for a Product Designer with extraordinary visual and interaction design skills to be a foundational member of our design team. The ideal candidate is proactive and well-versed in the user-centered design process to solve complex problems, a positive person who thrives in a hyper-growth environment, and is eager to learn from others.
- Design and craft intuitive, human-centric flows and experiences on web and iOS
- Partner closely with product managers, engineering & leadership to design and build new features from conception through launch as well as additional ongoing iterations
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment to facilitate, lead, challenge, and build consensus on solutions
- Give and solicit feedback from other team members in order to continually raise our bar for quality
- Evaluate and recommend design solutions and help guide team decision making
- Create high-fidelity prototypes and visuals to bring designs to life
- Deliver pixel-perfect mockups and design specs while maintaining design quality in shipped products
- Communicate cross-functionally to drive alignment around design direction
- Balance working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel
- Attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high quality execution
- Promote and evangelize best practices, design tooling, with a mentality for efficiency and simplicity
- Demonstrated success, experienced with 5+ years in interface and user experience design at a consumer internet company
- You take pride in designing simple, human-centered experiences that appeal to a broad audience. Balancing design forward thinking with approachability
- Experience conducting customer research and usability sessions
- Ability to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the development process across different client platforms
- Demonstrated ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to identify and deliver the tactical pieces that realize it
- Thorough knowledge and experience across a range of design approaches, methodologies, including low and high fidelity prototyping skills
- Proactive initiative that identifies problems and acts on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Experience designing for mobile consumer apps and/or subscription services
- Worked with maintaining, adding to, or creating design systems
- Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders
- Proven track record in translating high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transforming them into beautiful, intuitive and functional designs
- Excited and knowledgeable about the technical capacities and differences between Web, iOS, and Android
- Ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects concurrently
- Bonus: Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, interaction and UI design principles
The salary range for this position is $140,000- $170,000 which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
Fanatics is the ultimate one-stop sports fan destination that ignites and harnesses the passion of fans and maximizes the presence and reach for preeminent sports partners globally. Leveraging long-standing, often exclusive relationships with more than 900 sports properties, a database of more than 90 million consumers worldwide and a trusted brand name, Fanatics is furthering its innovation across the sports landscape by building the leading global digital sports platform, complete with offerings including e-commerce and licensed merchandise, physical and digital trading cards and collectibles, and online sports betting and iGaming.
The Fanatics family of companies currently includes Fanatics Commerce, a vertically-integrated licensed merchandise business that has changed the way fans purchase their favorite team apparel, jerseys, headwear and hardgoods through a tech-infused approach to making and quickly distributing fan gear in today’s 24/7 mobile-first economy; Fanatics Collectibles, a transformative company that is building a new model for the hobby and giving collectors an end-to-end physical and digital collectibles experience; and Fanatics Betting & Gaming, a mobile betting, gaming and retail sportsbook platform.
As a market leader with more than 10,000 employees, and hundreds of partners, suppliers, and vendors worldwide, we take responsibility for driving toward more ethical and sustainable practices. We are committed to building an inclusive Fanatics community, reflecting and representing society at every level of the business, including our employees, vendors, partners and fans. Fanatics is also dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities where we all live, work, and play through strategic philanthropic initiatives.
At Fanatics, we’re a diverse, passionate group of employees aiming to ignite pride and passion in the fans we outfit, celebrate and support. We recognize that diversity helps drive and foster innovation, and through our IDEA program (inclusion, diversity, equality and advocacy) at Fanatics we provide employees with tools and resources to feel connected and engaged in who they are and what they do to support the ultimate fan experience.
Ensure your Fanatics job offer is legitimate and don’t fall victim to fraud. Fanatics never seeks payment from job applicants. Feel free to ask your recruiter for a phone call or other type of communication for interview, and ensure your communication is coming from a Fanatics or Fanatics Brand email address. For added security, where possible, apply through our company website at www.fanaticsinc.com/careers
Tryouts are open at Fanatics! Our team is passionate, talented, unified, and charged with creating the fan experience of tomorrow. The ball is in your court now.
Fanatics is committed to responsible planning and purchasing (RPP) practices, working with its business partners across its global and multi-layered supply chain, to ensure that planning, sourcing, and purchasing decisions, along with other supporting processes, do not impede or conflict with the fulfillment of Fanatics’ fair labor practices.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS/APPLICANTS
: In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we collect include your name, government issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information.