Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As we expand our Atlassian footprint in India in mid-2022, we are able to recruit eligible candidates for this role who are located in Karnataka, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Delhi NCR and Maharashtra. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team.
Ready to help unleash the power of teams across the globe?
Do you live and breathe user experience, love solving complex problems, and looking for your next challenge? Do you want to make an impact, working on the most widely used experiences in Jira on which millions of users rely on daily? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
About the role and team:
- We are looking for a Product Designer to join one of team the Jira Platform teams. The Jira platform teams are made up of seasoned experts who currently deliver value to all the Jira family of products - fun, talented, hardworking who all enjoy playing and working together to define the future of work management.
- Jira Platform is part of our Cloud Platform team that enables Atlassian products to create ways to help all teams to come together, collaborate, and control their workflows. This team is the foundation for Jira Service Management, Jira Software, Jira Core, Jira Align, and any future Atlassian product. We care deeply about enabling our products and customers to enable their teams to set up and configure projects, find, resume and move their work forward. We partner and collaborate with many product teams across Atlassian, ensure we are collecting their requirements and building an optimal experience for our customers across products.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Work on designing core experiences for Jira, used by over 10M monthly active users
- Facilitate workshops with designers, engineers, product managers, and customers for potential solutions to the identified problems in the most effective way
- Develop an understanding of our users and their needs through user research, experimentation, workshopping, or sketching/visualisation.
- Design experiences that make complex tasks simple for our users, working in a B2B space with complex challenges
- Partner closely with other Jira product teams, Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineering & Program Management
- Join a high-performing team at the forefront of improving how we create, find, share and manage work in our products
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 3+ years of professional UX / product design experience, ideally designing complex or enterprise-level software.
- Ability to drive user-centered design process to tackle complex customer problems from concept to (visual) execution.
- Flexibility and openness to the iterative design process – constantly sketching, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, and growing.
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work with product and engineering partners, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions.
- Communicate clearly and have a high degree of influence with all kinds of internal partners including leadership.
- Experience with conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling.
- The ability to see the whole user experience, not only the part you’re working on, and have as much skill in identifying what needs to be removed, as you do in suggesting what can be added
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback.
- Be a self-starter with an eye for detail and the ability to get to the root of the problem with a laser focus on the customer.
As a Product Designer at Atlassian you'll:
- Make a substantial impact at scale. We have more than 10M users all around the world—and teams (massive and small) depend on Jira to do their work. Organizations like NASA, SpaceX, Disney, Spotify, Airbnb, Twitter, and LinkedIn use Atlassian products everyday. As a designer involved in everything from strategy to UI implementation, your work will have incredible customer impact.
- Tackle interesting, complex problems. Working closely with your engineering and product management partners, you'll have a large amount of ownership and autonomy across the entire design process; as part of a high-performing team at the forefront of improving how we create, find, share and manage work in our products
- Collaborate cross-functionally with some of the smartest (and nicest) people in the industry. Day-to-day you'll work on a fast-moving, multidisciplinary team, collaborating closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Content Designers, Researchers, Program Managers and Analysts to champion the user experience in our products and ship high quality work.
- Be a true champion for our users. We take design seriously, and in line with one of our core values, ("Don't F the Customer") are on a mission to become an experience-led company. We want to make our customers love how easily our products help them.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub