HappyCo is a company where people can grow their careers and work with like minded people, with no egos or politics. HappyCo is values driven and offers a flexible, supportive culture. Join HappyCo and Make Work Happy!
We’re building simple solutions that deliver real happiness to real people, while reimagining property management. To enable this, we’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to join Happy Force, a new service that connects maintenance experts directly with our customer’s residents to provide real help in real time.
Happy Force is designed to complement existing maintenance teams, reducing their load to ensure residents get their issues addressed faster. HappyCo has developed smart technology to connect industry-trained technicians with residents to expertly coach them to complete easy, everyday repairs so that techs can focus on the bigger issues, ensuring resident happiness whilst increasing maintenance crew retention, job satisfaction and productivity.
The product designer will work closely with the product manager to undertake significant discovery initiatives to ensure our product and service workflows align, enhance and add value to our virtual maintenance offering.
In addition to achieving product team outcomes, get set to join a motivated team of designers, dedicated to delivering design excellence through product experience, user research, brand, and content platforms.
Keys to optimum happiness at HappyCo
- The ability to think in systems, seeing the big picture and the little details at the same time
- Pushing forward in ambiguity while striving for clarity
- Prioritizing for sustained impact vs helping in the moment
- Empowering teams instead of enforcing standards
- Leveraging technology to serve humanity in a way that is accessible to all
- Be a proactive contributor to design team culture, with a strong growth mindset
- Experience and understanding of the challenges that early-stage startups and scale-ups face
During your first two weeks, you will
- Get to know our leadership, culture, and values
- Complete our HappyCo orientation and onboarding program
- Onboard with the design team, your product triad and product team
- Familiarize yourself with our tools (pssst: we use Figma)Read our favorite industry primers
- Attend your first Company Wide Meeting and Product Update Meetings (rotating bi-weekly)
During your first six weeks, you will
- Work with your product triad to deliver on a customer outcome
- Get acquainted with the current state of our design system
- Acquire industry knowledge and understand the Happy Force product strategy
- Work with your Manager to set goals and priorities
During your first six months, you will
- Undertake product discovery to identify and validate key workflows critical to the success of our customers
- Actively work with your product triad to identify customer outcomes and ship features and products that meaningfully deliver value to customers
- Introduce a personalized design philosophy with flexible, composable components accurately tailored for the Happy Force experience
- Contribute effectively to design team culture through leadership, mentorship, knowledge sharing and raise the bar for quality, efficiency and scalability
What you could expect day-to-day
- Collaborate with your product triad and team to deliver on agreed outcomes from the development of concepts, flows and wireframes through to high fidelity mockups and prototypes via customer validation, rapid iteration and usability testing
- Meet with customers and when possible, partner with UX researchers to undertake generative and evaluative studies to inform product design decisions
- Connect with fellow product designers via critiques, design pairing or working sessions to level up process, craft and execution and to maintain a cohesive product experience across all HappyCo products
- Deliver presentations that showcase your relevant work and team’s progress against outcomes, learnings and insights to the wider company and key stakeholders
What we think you should have to be successful
- 4+ years of product design experience with high proficiency in product discovery techniques and approaches
- A results-driven portfolio comprised of compelling solutions that solve real world problems
- Competency conducting research and usability testing, and setting outcome-based goals
- Experience designing for multiple levels of audiences and user archetypes within an enterprise or B2B context
- Experience working within a tech-based design role or digital-focused agency and the ability to work closely with software development teams
- Motivated by people-centric design processes and a desire to create happiness through delightful experiences
- Experience working with tokenized design systems including their creation, contribution methodologies, documentation and scaling approaches
Work from anywhere!
Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
Generous paid parental leave
Unlimited time off
Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
Founded in 2011, HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Our flagship product suite 'Happy Property’ has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities! When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo. Learn more about our Product Vision here!
Our HappyCo Culture
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page and our careers page!
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that HappyCo upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status. HappyCo is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to us about our roles -- we’ve got it covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and HappyCo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.