Product Designer, Growth
AllTrails is the most trusted and used outdoors platform in the world. We help people explore the outdoors with hand-curated trail maps along with photos, reviews, and user recordings crowdsourced from our community of millions of registered hikers, mountain bikers and trail runners in 150 countries. AllTrails is frequently ranked as a top-5 Health and Fitness app and has been downloaded by over 40 million people worldwide.
AllTrails is looking for a Product Designer to focus on new user acquisition and monetization initiatives. This hands-on role will partner closely with the Product Design team as well as Product Management, Project Management, and Engineering to design product experiments, create intuitive growth loops, and iterate on existing ones. This position will collaborate with multiple product teams to help the business create new subscriptions and ensure member connections are meaningful and effortless.
If you like leaning into qualitative and quantitative data to inform your design decisions then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Come join our mission to help people spend more time outside having healthy, authentic experiences and a deeper appreciation of the outdoors!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into simple, intuitive, and useful products on web, iOS and Android
- Collaborate with Design, Product, Engineering, UX Research, Data Science, and Customer Support teams to define and build map based product features
- Bring product initiatives to life by creating journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI, interaction designs, and more
- Test and analyze the success of product solutions, then iterate
- Provide transparency and predictability of initiatives to stakeholders
- Leverage and contribute to our evolving design system
- Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects
- 3+ years of professional experience researching, designing, and shipping products/features for iOS, Android, and web
- Portfolio with real-world examples of customer facing products/features developed from start to finish; able to articulate your process, challenges, and learnings
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience producing high quality visual and interaction designs; can demonstrate a strong understanding of layout, typography and visual hierarchy — every decision and pixel matters
- Able to take constructive feedback and evolve designs to meet business objectives
- Self-motivated with an ability to work in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Master of Figma, Figjam, Zeplin, Miro, Illustrator, Usertesting.com, and other design tools
- Humility, empathy and open-mindedness - no egos
- Experience designing for growth initiatives like user acquisition, conversions and retention funnels
- Experience designing for various groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- Passion for the outdoors
Our Commitment to You:
- A competitive and equitable compensation plan. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- Physical & mental well-being including health, dental and vision benefits + a monthly stipend for wellness expenses
- Trail Days: First Friday of each month off to hit the trails!
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible parental leave
- Remote employee equipment stipend to create a great remote work environment
- Annual continuing education stipend
- Discounts on subscription and merchandise for you and your friends & family
- An authentic investment in you as a human being and your career as a professional
Nature celebrates you just the way you are and so do we! At AllTrails we’re passionate about nurturing an inclusive workplace that values diversity. It’s no secret that companies that are diverse in background, age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, and perspective are proven to be more successful. We’re focused on creating an environment where everyone can do their best work and thrive.