A better planet with every search - Ecosia
, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation
in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 20+ million users have planted over 160 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
As our user base is growing, we're exploring different ways to help our users become more climate-active. Therefore, we’re building our Green team to complement Ecosia’s search results by making climate topics more visible across search and empowering our users to take action on the climate crisis.
We are looking for a Product Designer (all genders) to join the team and help us build this climate-centered experience.
Sounds interesting? Read on!
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Become part of our Green Team: empower our users to be more climate-active, while helping Ecosia move towards our vision of solving the climate crisis.
- Take ownership of the product design processes in your team from early ideation to final delivery. Define the user experience from the ground up.
- Help define mid to long-term strategy in your product team by translating user needs, market insights, and business requirements into top-notch design solutions.
- Be a part of the Ecosia Product Design team and work with other designers (product, content, systems) and user researchers to create cohesive and lovable products across the board.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Solid mid-level experience working as a product designer in cross-functional teams and agile environments. You have a track record of products you have shipped by owning the end-to-end design process in your team.
- You are data-informed and impact-driven. You can make design decisions based on qualitative and quantitative data, and create solutions that contribute to company objectives.
- You are knowledgeable in your tools of the trade (Figma, Miro).
- We are headquartered in Berlin, but we seek qualified folks anywhere in the world. You should be willing to work in Berlin CET core working hours.
Please note submission of a portfolio is required for this role.
Salary range for this role:
- First, a call with our recruiter (30 mins)
- Portfolio Review with a Lead and a Product Designer (1.5 hours)
- Meeting Product & Engineering (45 mins)
- Whiteboard session with one of our designers + an engineer (1.5 hours)
- A rather informal conversation with our CPO (30 mins)
- What if your job made a real difference in the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.
- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no-meeting days, remote work options).
- Moving to Berlin for the first time? We welcome everyone and offer relocation support and visa/work-permit assistance to new employees and their loved ones coming from abroad and within Germany.
- We are a team of more than 25 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents, and non-traditional backgrounds.
- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc., depending on your location.
- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, a 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc., depending on your location.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.