About The Role
Product designers at Geneva work closely with product managers and engineers to find elegant and delightful solutions to challenging design problems.
As a product designer, you’ll be taking features and experiences from ideation to production. This includes vision setting, designing solutions, prototyping, bringing along cross-functional teams, and guiding implementation. You’ll also spend time building relationships and collaborating with the wider team so your impact can extend across the full organization.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Design projects from concept through launch. You will set the vision for user experience, explore complex problem spaces, create and validate solutions, and continually optimize for impact.
- Representing the voice of our users as we work to build and ship features. You’ll translate data and insights into hypotheses and design experiments to help guide us to the best solutions for our users.
- Running design sprints and validating design solutions at every stage of the process.
- Owning design patterns & system for for web and desktop applications.
- Maintaining high standards of creativity, craft, and quality across the team.
You’ll play supporting role with:
- Contributing your design thinking skills to other areas of the platform (education, marketing, customer success, etc.)
- Collaborating with other designers on the team to make their work and the whole team better. Actively seeking out opportunities to improve the health of our teams and processes.
What you bring to this role:
- This isn’t your first product design role. You have experience designing products and systems as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced tech, agency, or media environment. (Bonus points if you’ve designed for consumer social apps before.)
- A deep appreciation for the process of creating products at scale. You’re great at following design methodologies from hypothesis to execution. You know when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail vs. when lo-fi sketches or prototypes are the right choice.
- Experience designing experiences across platforms, that people can access on any type of device: web, desktop, and mobile
- Proficiency with the latest design tools, including Figma, Principle, and Adobe CC. You can create high-fidelity animations in Principle or similar tools to push your designs over the edge and create delightful experiences.
- Excellent communication, with a knack for sharing your rationale and getting buy-in from your teammates and stakeholders.
- You love using your technical understanding to evaluate design solutions and collaborate with engineering teams.
Compensation, Perks & Benefits
Geneva offers a range of benefits to all full-time employees, including:
💰 Competitive, data-backed compensation. We pay based a data-backed salary framework, no matter where you live. For this role, we've budgeted $130,000-$160,000 USD + equity, based on experience and level.
❤️🩹 Excellent, fully paid options for health, dental, and vision
🏝️ Open vacation policy with a 15-day minimum, unlimited sick days (with support for mental health days), and ample company-wide holidays
🍼 12 weeks paid parental leave for all new parents
💻 Everything you need to do your job well, including equipment and home office budget, paid coworking expenses, a learning and development budget, and wellness stipends
✈️ In-person company retreats in destinations you'll love (when we're able to safely do so), all expenses paid
You can learn more about what it's like working for Geneva here.
We're an equal-opportunity employer committed to building a diverse team and an environment of inclusion and belonging. Research indicates that applicants who are people of color, female or non-binary are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. We encourage everyone who's interested to apply, even if you're not sure you match the full description listed above.