We're an award winning FinTech, most recently listed by the Financial Times as one of the top 10 fastest growing fintechs
in Europe. Divido is a global software platform enabling lenders, retailers and payments processors to provide checkout finance to their customers. Divido is positioned as the enterprise software which enables multi-national banks and lenders to compete with early entrant BNPL pioneers and offer a more flexible solution to large international merchants.
Founded in 2014, Divido currently comprises 70 people based in a single office in London, although it services clients across 7 markets. In June 2021, Divido announced a $30mn Series B round
that will be used to accelerate international expansion and product development. Divido is backed by a blend of high-calibre VCs (Dawn Capital, DN Capital) and strategic partners (HSBC Holdings, ING Ventures, American Express Ventures, Mastercard). Coupled with the significant financial backing received, the business is on the precipice of rapid growth and internationalisation.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to help design of Divido’s white-label customer-driven platform experience for point of sale retail finance. You will be responsible for delivering the service design for a portfolio of products and journeys. You’ll take ownership for delivering a best in class experience for end consumers, and our lender and merchant clients. You’ll work closely with Product, Commercial, and Engineering teams, and take joint responsibility for customer and commercial success. The role will include user research, prototyping, product design, and customer testing.
- Lead and own design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholders and collaborators, helping to define and implement innovative solutions
- Translate high-level requirements into intuitive and elegant user journeys
- Partner with Product managers, to help build empathy for our users; understand their needs and the world they live in, translating them into creative and functional experiences.
- Advocate a user-centric approach and involve users to validate design assumptions through qualitative and quantitative methods
- Contribute and help maintain design consistency across products and features
- Rapidly product multiple concepts and prototypes, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes
- 5+ years of experience in designing complex digital products
- Experience in customer journey design that balances control with experience, ideally in a regulated industry (financial services, insurance, etc.), eCommerce, or payments.
- Experience in conceptual design, user research, wireframing, journey maps, and user flows and process mapping
- Natural ability to make things happen and to articulate your design decisions
- Hands-on experience of research and customer testing, as well as an intuitive sense of how consumers use digital applications.
- Experience using a range of design tools to create mockups, wireframes, and prototypes showcasing ideas (experience of Figma preferred).
- Strong communication skills and prior experience working cross-functionally with Engineering, Commercial, Marketing, and Product teams.
- Experience of working with Agile delivery teams (JIRA, Miro, and Lucidchart an advantage).
- Ideally, experience of implementing and leveraging data tracking and AB testing to inform design.
- Ideally, experience of using open source tools such as Chakra for high fidelity UI.
This is a freelance/contract opportunity to join Divido's brand new Design team. Our offices are based in Central London, though we have a hybrid working model with lots of flexibility.
At Divido, you will not only have the opportunity to work with the brightest and best from the fintech industry, you will get to collaborate and share your expertise to transform retail finance.
Our multinational and diverse team is focussed on setting a new global standard for retail finance and you could be a part of this exciting mission at a time of high-growth in the sector.
As well as a joining a group of passionate of people, here are some of the other benefits you'll receive:
- Options in the company - no matter your level, every Divido employee is a shareholder in the business
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays - with the addition of one extra day for every year worked
- Private healthcare with Vitality and a cycle to work scheme to keep you fit and healthy
- International remote working: giving you the flexibility to be with family and friends, or a change of scenery
- Matched paid parental leave, to support new parents, equally
- Home set-up allowance to help you work comfortably and safely at home