BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize the potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to help design the future of the Boulevard. This person will take on a number of initiatives such as making functionality more powerful and intuitive for our customers and their clients. The ideal designer for our team is someone who thinks creatively about what users need and who can turn those needs into elegant systems, components, and guidelines that enable our engineers to create delightful user experiences. We’re looking for a designer who cares about solving problems for users in close partnership with our engineering team and our CEO, who is a designer himself!
Boulevard product design serves a vital role at the company, from creating the vision for new features, to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. We appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, and embrace collaboration and feedback. Boulevard is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering teams to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- Collaborate closely with design, engineering, and product leadership to define your features and contribute to the overall direction of your product area
- Create low-fi concepts to get stakeholder alignment before polishing with hi-fi prototypes for delivery
- Work closely with engineering to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience
- Solicit feedback from your peers, including other product designers and teammates in your product team
- Gain a deep understanding of our users through research and behavior analysis
- Work with design leadership to inform and improve design processes
- Be a self-starter and work through ambiguity
- Several years of experience in a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, ideation, and iteration
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions - the product design lifecycle from end to end
- Past experience designing digital products and systems and have helped shipped products, ideally in the SaaS/B2B space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Points For
- You know how to code or have an understanding of how things work under the hood
- You have experience working on products with lots of data and reporting
- You enjoy writing helpful but cheeky microcopy throughout a product
In addition to the wonderful people, you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our flexible vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority, sowe’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) matching option.
Work from home stipend every month.
Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
Boulevard Bucks Learning & Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, says about life at Boulevard. Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.