2022 was an amazing year for Doppler. So far we have helped over 22,500 startups and enterprises manage their secrets at scale, more than tripled our team size, 14x our revenue, and raised a round from CRV, Google Ventures and Sequoia. We just raised our $20M Series A and are getting far more ambitious by setting even higher product, growth, sales, and headcount goals.
Doppler's mission is to make it easy and secure for developers of every experience level and teams of any size to manage their app configuration and secrets. But hasn't this been done?
Our team is entrepreneurial, with a bias for action. We never back down from a spirited debate and believe we are all responsible for exploring the hard questions. We value self-awareness and meaningful impact. We are open to unconventional approaches and have learned not to judge a book by its cover. Your time is your most valuable resource, so you set your hours. We use Slack to communicate and default to zero meetings. We aim to document everything. We also recommend you invest your time in 10% compounding time
Developers are window shoppers. The designs they see deeply influence the choices they make. The first thing a developer sees is the experience Doppler creates for them. We are looking for a Senior Designer who can help us change a fundamental piece of a developer's life - managing their secrets. Similar to passwords, secrets secure the services they use that power their apps. The daily pain they feel from managing secrets grows exponentially as they use more services and their teams grow. Doppler plays a unique role in their story by not just relieving the pain but also making them more secure along the way.
As a product designer at Doppler, you will be working with the Lead Product Designer to improve Doppler’s current UX and build a strong foundation for Doppler’s future state. You will also be part of the collaborative effort thinking about new, exciting features that are in the works. You will be part of an ongoing initiative to help us push boundaries as a brand and product through innovative UX and UI solutions. Outside of the product design team, you will work independently and collaborate with other cross-functional team members on Doppler, so time management, communication, and organization are a must. Joining the team at this time is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground level and truly make a difference in our user’s day-to-day and Doppler’s future as a trailblazing product.
What you'll do
- Commit to understanding and advocating for the target users
- Become knowledgeable about the product’s current and future state
- Work with the Lead Product Designer to push boundaries as a brand and product through innovative UX and UI solutions
- Utilize and contribute to the design system
- Collaborate with other cross-functional team members in marketing, product, and engineering
- Iterate on existing features of the product, always searching for ways we can improve
- Problem-solve andideate on future features of the product
What you bring to the table
- 5+ years of product design experience
- 2+ years of experience designing for SaaS/technical products
- 2+ years of Figma experience
- Innovative problem solving
- Attention to detail and organization within files and documentation
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Experience with Webflow
- Experience with Notion, Linear and Adobe suite
- Experience with designing large-scale applications
- Experience designing for developers
- Experience working on information architecture
- Experience working with a design system
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Equity at an early-stage fast-growing startup
- Premium health insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Guilt Free Unlimited PTO - 3-week minimum strongly encouraged!
- Free lunch every day
- Upward Mobility
- Commuter & Ride Share
- Relocation bonus
- Learning and Development Stipend
- Wealth Advisor
- Pregnancy & Family Leave
- Fertility Treatments
- Equal Compensation (regardless of gender or race)
We've built a great product our customers love. Our churn is low, and active usage continues to rise. We just need to amplify our reach to educate the market that secrets management can be fast, secure, and affordable for teams and organizations of any size. And most importantly, we need to continue encouraging Developers to stop adhering to archaic insecure standards such as manually managing .env file formats.
Are you passionate about developer-focused products and ready to join an amazing team? Then we want to hear from you!
A final note - we highly encourage you to apply for this role, even if you don't feel entirely qualified, or entirely sure. You never know!