Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,400+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the role
We’re looking for well-rounded product designers in our Design Systems team to support defining the processes required to reinvent everything from the way money works to a bunch of even more ambitious things we can’t talk about yet — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity. We’re not building a fintech company here. We’re building an adventure. One that requires creative people who aren’t afraid to cast aside established ways of doing things to create delightful, inclusive experiences for customers across 170+ countries.
Throughout the history of civilization, there have been a handful of moments that changed the course of how we think about wealth and equality. The discovery of gold, the creation of paper money, mortgages, ATMs. We’re at the next of those moments right now, and there is no more exciting place to invest your creativity than directly at this intersection of technology and adventure.
What you’ll do
- Unlock the potential of Product, Design and Engineering through the alignment and definition of our Design Systems
- Design scalable systems, frameworks and components across our family of products
- Create detailed documentation for the Design Systems to define guidelines and standards
- Be an advocate and educator of our Design Systems
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Take full accountability for your work and exercise consideration of every detail
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
What we look for
- Proven technical understanding of how to build and scale Design Systems within an established product-driven company
- Exceptional collaboration skills with the ability to partner with cross-functional partners, helping drive successful outcomes
- In-depth knowledge of best practices and processes towards governance and maintenance of Design Systems and accessibility standards
- Exceptional attention to detail and craft translated into detailed and thorough documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Egoless, mindful, and open minded
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
Nice but not necessary
- An interest in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or financial products
- A consumer of our products
- Experience conducting research to validate design patterns, best practices and adhering to W3C standards
- Ability to understand code or find your way around our codebase
Location Tagging: #EU #US#LI-BL1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know