At Digit, we are on a mission to make financial health effortless for everyone. We are building the world's first intelligent bank account to help millions of American consumers become financially healthy. Our challenge is clear: managing personal finances is hard. As of 2019, 70% of Americans struggle with at least one aspect of financial stability and over 40% don't have $400 in their savings account. We believe automation is our path to delivering our mission, and we are working towards it every day.
We have a collaborative, diverse, and supportive culture and we look for people who are curious, ambitious, and mission-driven. If you're passionate about making an impact and helping real people every day we're excited to meet you!
We are looking for a passionate, highly skilled and creative problem solver to lead design systems at Digit. In this role you will lead and contribute by empowering designers and engineers to build high-quality user experiences through the systems, resources and processes you create. Design systems at Digit focuses on solving real member and business needs, by enabling teams to build and ship products faster, avoid duplicating solutions, ensure accessibility, and improve quality and consistency across platforms.
While Digit's worldwide HQ is in San Francisco, CA, this role is open anywhere in the US. This role reports to our Head of Design & Research.
As A Designer You Can
- Define and standardize reusable design patterns and components in Figma.
- Serve as primary owner of our system styles and component design, maintenance and refinement.
- Partner with product and brand design and, engineering to establish, build, and maintain a comprehensive library of shared components, styles and interactions.
- Set up knowledge-sharing processes that promote collaboration, team work, and training for teams that use the resources you build.
- Develop and maintain clear documentation for the design system, how to use it, how to contribute to it and how to represent the brand across all products and surfaces.
- Utilize research methods to assess the efficacy of the design system and connect that to better understand member needs.
- Track the effectiveness and adoption of the Design System as a tool across teams and products
- Advocate for accessibility standards and inclusive design needs
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years experience in product design, with a focus on building and maintaining design systems used by growing teams.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design experience in design systems and their application.
- Experience building design systems in Figma and similar tools.
- High level interaction and visual design skills, with exceptional understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, typography, color theory, and brand systems.
- Familiarity of platform foundations and best practices for iOS and Android apps and responsive websites and web apps.
- Compassion for our members and the importance of making financial health accessible by anyone, especially those who need it most.
- Exemplarily attention to detail and a high bar for quality.
- A strong emphasis on collaboration and the ability to leverage feedback as the driver of impact across projects.
- A strong communicator who works well with various teams, stakeholders and cross functional partners.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an inspirational leadership mentality that prioritized showing vs telling.
Who We Are
We want to eliminate the stress and anxiety people feel about their finances so they can focus on what's most important in their lives. We first mastered saving for near-term goals, helping members automatically save over $7B in cumulative savings and prevented $170M in overdraft fees. Today, we are harnessing machine learning technology to give our members the first intelligent bank account that manages all of their personal finances.
We're committed to doing the best work of our lives together. Come see if we're the right fit for you.
What We Offer You:
- Competitive salary and RSUs
- 100% paid medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 18 weeks Parental Leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Catered lunches with unlimited snacks and drinks
- Commuter and wellness benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401k plan
- Brand new office in the heart of SF’s financial district
Digit is a proud equal opportunity employer and we believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is an imperative. We welcome people of different backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, abilities, sexual orientations, and perspectives. We don't discriminate based upon any protected class and we encourage candidates of all identities and backgrounds to apply. Digit considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Digit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]